Tab Clear - Clear Can?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tab Clear - Clear Can?

Hi all - I;m new here, i posted earlier today on an active thread from February and can't for the life of me find where it is!

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had pictures of Tab Clear from the early 90's in the clear can not the metal can - i've looked everywhere via google with no luck

Any pictures would be great

Thanks

Paul

Re: Tab Clear - Clear Can?

Hi there, I have a few friends who work for Coca Cola here in Milton Keynes and they have a sort of "museum" type area, I will ask then if they can get and pictures of the clear can from some kind of Coca Cola archive thingy ! I must admit that whilst I certainly remember the drink I dont ever remeber there being an actual clear see through can ... lets hope we can find something ...
    When I Was Good No One Remembered, When I Was Bad No One Forgot

Comment

Thank you that would be great - i distinctly remember it being produced in a clear can now whetehr this was done for promotional purposes or not or sold in the UK i'm not sure (i would have only been 10!)

Fingers crossed

Comment

I don't remember the clear cans but I do remember that clear cola craze that came and went very quickly. Even Sainsburys were in on it with clear cola. Never liked the taste though. I remember Panda pops having a green cola which tasted lush but it had an ingredients list that read like a chemistry experiment!

Comment

I only remember Tab Clear in a light silver can.

It tasted almost like normal coke, but slightly weaker & sweeter.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Yep, summer of 93 and I worked for Cannon Cinemas and would nip out and get a promo can of Tab in the clear can every lunchtime! I believe they were 25p (priced on the can) as a launch promo? I cant begin to remember how they tasted, but I know I swapped back to cherry 7up once the special price disappeared. Cherry 7up always seemed to be on offer... Mainly as it tasted rubbish.
            I collect game prices for retro consoles from eBay

Comment

yep i do remember this very well in a silver can.
              and it was very like normal coke but a bit weaker and sweeter.

can almost taste it now.
              and really liked it.

can you still get it.

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
              I only remember Tab Clear in a light silver can.

It tasted almost like normal coke, but slightly weaker & sweeter.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

According to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tab_%28soft_drink%29 Tab is available in some markets but even in the USA Tab Clear didn't last long.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Retrogames View Post
                  Yep, summer of 93 and I worked for Cannon Cinemas and would nip out and get a promo can of Tab in the clear can every lunchtime! I believe they were 25p (priced on the can) as a launch promo? I cant begin to remember how they tasted, but I know I swapped back to cherry 7up once the special price disappeared. Cherry 7up always seemed to be on offer... Mainly as it tasted rubbish.
                  Yes! I remember getting mine outside of ASDA so it must have been a promotion. If anyone can get an image of this it would be fantastic. I've emailed coca cola directly today

Comment

I guess a lot of this stuff has gone never to be seen again- i mean, who would have wasted money on taking and developing a photo of a can back in the 90s? Nostalgia makes
                    me stash away everythIng from flyers to packaging from now for my children in the future.

Comment

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tab_Clear#section_2

Trial price was 23p. Now that's random!

Comment

Update - a friend of mine wo works at the Coca Cola distribution centre ( they made/make Tab) enquired at his work to various different departments includng the CC Musuem people in regards the clear can for Tab Clear and as mentioned ealrier in the thread the actual clear can was a VERY limited promotional item which was never intended for everyday sale. Even they dont seem to have a photograph of the item so if they havent then sadly I dont think we will have much luck. On the flip side if you shoud ever come across one somewhere it could well be worht a bit ! ! He will keep looking and asking and should he stirke the Holy Grail I will get some pictures up asap !
                        When I Was Good No One Remembered, When I Was Bad No One Forgot

Comment

I must be mistaken then- gosh, I was so sure too!

Comment

The clear can thing is ringing a bell with me for some reason. Fuzzy memory is telling me that it was some sort of plastic, rather than see through metal, and it was topped off with a regular can top and ring pull.
                            - Rik Mayall Fanpage On Facebook
                            - My retro Youtube channel.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

Working...
                            X