Best sandwich (toasted or untoasted) as a kid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best sandwich (toasted or untoasted) as a kid

We had toasting irons and the best thing we used it for was a baked bean sandwich! Oh my giddy God!
    Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Hello! I've never tried cheese and beans in a toasted sandwich .. don't the beans make it soggy? My all time favourite is cheese, and thinly sliced onion and mushroom, with a smidgen of Hellmans mayo on one slice of bread. Another classic is cheddar and tomato, but you have to watch out not to burn your tongue!
      Untoasted .. you're so right; not much can beat a bacon buttie .. with HP sauce or ketchup?

Comment

On the other hand, regarding an untoasted sarnie ... nothing could touch my mum's home-made crinkle cut chips (most probably fried in dripping until golden and crispy) .. sandwiched between two pieces of beautifully fresh slices of sandwich loaf (thinly buttered), with a shake of salt and malt vinegar ... truly heavenly!!

Comment

Try a Wagon Wheel Cob ( bun ) ........looks like a burger.....lol

Comment

I once had a pie butty which consisted of a barm cake with a Hollands pork pie squashed down inside.

This was after someone at work kept talking about them, & when I went to get my lunch from the local chip shop I decided to see what one was like.

Nice if very filling.
            The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Ham or cheese would have been my favourite

Comment

Working...
              X