• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: anyone remember these bubble gums

Old Anglo Gum ad

Comment

Does anyone remember these ones Weirdies??
      Heather

Comment

I guess this is the thread to post Bubble Gum info and images? If not please redirect me....

I couldnt put an exact date on these Topps gums, i know they were released on at least two occasions, once labelled with Bazooka, once not. Id say late 80s - mid 90s.

This is a pic of the earlier (Bazooka) display box, modelled as a crate for the juice carton shaped bubble gum containers.

I have so many candy containers and bubble gum/trade card/stickers packs/wrappers and boxes from the 80s & 90s i could add, but am not really sure where i should add them...

Comment

Hi again Rob ,
          We have a crisp thread, a defunct sweet thread, old skool packaging thread and Names of Ice Lollies thread which you can post wrappers and packets on, if none of those fit we also have a Memory Shared thread which you can post anything 70's, 80's and 90's and if you still dont think any of those threads are fitting please do add your own
          Last edited by Heather74; 02-07-2008, 16:42.
          Heather

Comment

Bubbly

Comment

Originally posted by Austin 1100 View Post
              I definitely remember the tattoo bubble gum. The transfers looked all black until you wet them, then the colours appeared and nearly always smudged when you put them on.
              The bubblegum was very thin, brittle and a whitish colour but tasted lovely!

Haha... loved reading this, i didnt remeber these til i read your post then it all came back to me ... the smudged tatoos but best of all the taste of that gum... Kinda sweet but creamy.. you agree?
              Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door!

Comment

HAve read through this thread and unless i missed it noone seems to have recalled " sour fruits" gum...
                My favourite was sour grape... loved it
                Anyone else remember this?
                Whoever said nothing is impossible never tried slamming a revolving door!

Comment

The last post was my favourite gum....the famous bubbly. I was champion of my street for the biggest bubble blower I have to say my biggest memory of gum was when I had stood in it and my mum banished me to the back garden along with my shoes to get rid of it. Took FOREVER to get it off with my dads screwdriver. Then next time my dad went to use his screwdriver, I'd get sent out the back AGAIN to clean that!

Comment

Remember germolene bubbly but also remember "omega" chewing gum..that had a liquid centre i think.

Tass

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                      Bubbly

Yes !
                      One mans trash is another mans treasure !

Comment

Comment

Vampire bubble gum cards

When I was around 7 or 8, which would have been around 1978 or 1979, I remember bubble gum that came with collectable cards. IIRC, the cards were of horror or vampire film stills, with tongue in cheeck captions.

Does anyone else remember these?

Comment

Re: Vampire bubble gum cards

I remember reading about these over at the fantasic Cobwebb room blog spot which is well worth a visit if you like all things horror related

Shocking Laffs.

THE COBWEBBED ROOM: 'SHOCKING LAFFS' Bubble Gum Cards
                            Heather

Comment

If they were black and white pics they could be 'You'll Die Laughing' cards which I was getting around '75-'76 (although I think they date from a few years earlier).

You'll Die Laughing at Bubblegum-Cards.Com

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Yes it was Shocking Laffs. Just looking at those pics take me right back. I can even smell the bubblegum!

Comment

Working...
                                X