anyone remember these bubble gums

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: anyone remember these bubble gums

I bought a 'Bubbly' from our local sweet shop yesterday. Just as pink, just as tasty. Recommended!
    "Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

Comment

Originally posted by frame View Post
      Thanks for that memoman,I wont be making a purchase as I lost half my teeth to a 9" angle grinder a few years ago.
      Frame.
      Not the sort of thing you would do by choice-OUCH!!
      sigpic

Comment

Comment

The name of the germoline bubble gum has eluded me for years. I remember it well. It was pink and had the two smiley face tattoos that were yellow with a blue outline and had different expressions. I think it came in a white wrapper but I can't remember anything else. I also remember those little books. They were in those egg machines, though the ones I came across never had bubblegum in them. You could always see what was in the eggs as they had one transparent end. I always wanted a book or a ring, but usually ended up with something rubbish - so rubbish I can't even remember what else came in those eggs!
          1976 Vintage

Comment

I had a couple of Bubbly's a few weeks ago. Just as good as I remember 'em from thirty years ago!
            "Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	GG gum box.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	259529

Topps Ireland Garbage Gang Bubble Gum from 1990. Each piece of gum came with a single sticker. There are 30 in the set, but only 6 of the 30 could be found in each box of 150 gums..... so neadless to say it was a very difficult sticker set to complete.

Comment

A couple of Topps Ireland sell sheets from the mid to late 80s.

Garbage Pail Kids 3rd series trading cards with bubble gum on one side, Zooks Gum on the other.

Name:	UK 3rd poster.jpg
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	259530

A 1980s Topps Bazooka Bubble Gum promo sheet for retailers, Bazooka Bubble Gum Beans on one side, and Bazooka Juice Bar Bubble Gum on the other:

Name:	bazooka sheet.jpg
Size:	101.4 KB
ID:	259532

Bazooka Bubble Gum Beans wrappers:

Name:	Gum beans.jpg
Size:	84.1 KB
ID:	259531

Comment

Not seen 'Zooks' in years. It wasn't bubble gum though. They were like orange and lemon 'nerds'.
                  Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I remember Dentyne, around my area it was cool to chew Dentyne. The red one (one I liked the most) was cinnamon flavoured. It also came in green - spearmint (or fresh mint) and blue - peppermint (or cool mint) but red was the best! Shame it's not around now. I think there was also a black packet which was menthol and aniseed or menthol & liquorice.

On a different note does any one remember the bubble gum that was rectangular in shape and was half pink and half lemon. You peeled off the side (flavour/colour) you wanted to chew and kept the other sie for later. Don't recall the name, pehaps some one will remind me. I think the wrapper was also pink and yellow but not sure.

Originally posted by koukou View Post
                    Could it have been Dentyne? It smelt antiseptic and tasted it a bit as well. Was in small pink strips.

http://www.cadburyschweppes.com/EN/B...et_dentyne.htm

Comment

Anyone remember buying this beast?

Comment

I've come across these before but in white, the green ones apparently were much harder to come by. The ones I found however only had the price marked with a cent sign, so I assumed they weren't sold in the UK

If you look on flickr there are some photo's with the gum shown along side the containers.
                        Heather

Comment

Comment

Comment

I can remember the Anglo Bubbly. I can remember them been quite chunky, they were round in shape and pink in colour. My favourite bubbly though, had to be Bazooka. I can remember they used to have a little coupon in with different things you could collect the coupons for, once you had enough coupons you could send away for whatever it was you had wanting. I can remember them been, footballs, watches, kites. The Bazooka bubbly was lovely, although it did not have a very long lasting taste
                              Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X