Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas easter eggs

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Christmas easter eggs

    Yep, you heard it here first folks christmas easter eggs on sale now at your nearest Morrisons store
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

  • #2
    Re: Christmas easter eggs

    Oxymoron methinks - I know that Easter comes earlier, but surely not before Christmas the previous year?

    2,500th post.
    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Christmas easter eggs

      Will hot cross buns be for sale in December, I wonder?
      Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Christmas easter eggs

        Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
        Oxymoron methinks - I know that Easter comes earlier, but surely not before Christmas the previous year?

        2,500th post.
        Yup, easter eggs with a christmas theme...no wonder kids get confused!
        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Christmas easter eggs

          Many of them nowadays really don’t ‘overthink’ things too much

          I want ...


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Christmas easter eggs

            Talking about Christmas food out of season, my local Sainsbury's has some Mince Pies already on the shelves - of course, the use by date is in October for obvious reasons.
            Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Christmas easter eggs

              I've heard of someone being send a Christmas catalogue in November & tried to order something from it, only to be told it was for the next Christmas.
              The Trickster On The Roof

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Christmas easter eggs

                Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                I've heard of someone being send a Christmas catalogue in November & tried to order something from it, only to be told it was for the next Christmas.
                I think that it was a hamper catalogue in which one would have to pay so much a week for the entire year - don't be surprised if you get to see adverts for hampers for Christmas 2020 on the TV and online soon.
                Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Christmas easter eggs

                  Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                  I think that it was a hamper catalogue in which one would have to pay so much a week for the entire year - don't be surprised if you get to see adverts for hampers for Christmas 2020 on the TV and online soon.
                  That sounds right.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Christmas easter eggs

                    Sometimes I don't understand the concept of hampers - I mean, most people can get to a supermarket or do online shopping and buy the contents of a hamper in one visit, can't they? Three or four days before Christmas, I spend around £120 on food items for Christmas and New Year and I use Tesco online or go to Asda or Morrisons and shop there. Everything from regular stuff like a loaf of bread and a bottle of milk to items that I would only get for Christmas like a bottle of sherry, After Eight mints, or turkey dinner.

                    Funnily enough - I bought some Angel Cake from Sainsburys today which has the Best Before date of 31st October - hardly a date that one would associate with angels, especially this year considering Hallowe'en and, dare I say it, Brexit!
                    Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Christmas easter eggs

                      Some companies used to offer a hamper instead of a Christmas bonus.

                      My brother was given a hamper one year for meeting a target, & shared it with the rest of the family.

                      As Family Guy made a gag about corporate gifts, it had some fancy cheese that only my parents liked!
                      The Trickster On The Roof

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Christmas easter eggs

                        Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                        Sometimes I don't understand the concept of hampers - I mean, most people can get to a supermarket or do online shopping and buy the contents of a hamper in one visit, can't they? Three or four days before Christmas, I spend around £120 on food items for Christmas and New Year and I use Tesco online or go to Asda or Morrisons and shop there. Everything from regular stuff like a loaf of bread and a bottle of milk to items that I would only get for Christmas like a bottle of sherry, After Eight mints, or turkey dinner.

                        Funnily enough - I bought some Angel Cake from Sainsburys today which has the Best Before date of 31st October - hardly a date that one would associate with angels, especially this year considering Hallowe'en and, dare I say it, Brexit!
                        Agreed!...just go do a big shop and you won't end up with cupboards full of **** such as christmas pudding (yuck) Earl grey tea, roses lime cordial,Walnuts, ritz crackers, ETC
                        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Christmas easter eggs

                          I am almost certain that those who get hampers in December are usually the same people who find packets and tins of food of things that they would not otherwise get from their local supermarket, when the following July comes around - either that or the Harvest Festival at the local church or something.

                          The only Roses I would get in December as part of my shopping would be the chocolates (as in the Scaffold song in the adverts). And I would put the lime cordial in the fridge rather than the cupboard, not that I would usually drink lime cordial anyway.
                          Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Christmas easter eggs

                            Originally posted by tex View Post
                            Agreed!...just go do a big shop and you won't end up with cupboards full of **** such as christmas pudding (yuck) Earl grey tea, roses lime cordial,Walnuts, ritz crackers, ETC
                            That's exactly what I do - and it's the only Tesco online shop in the year that I book about a week and a half in advance. Either that or Asda or Morrisons.
                            Telling it almost exactly like it was so many years later - and proud of doing so!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X