Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biscuits

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    Re: Biscuits

    Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
    Any year on this? Looks very early 70's, maybe even 60's.
    Not one I recall
    Not an exact year but I did find one bloke who remembers buying it from vending machines in the 'late 60's/ early 70's'
    http://www.chocolatereview.co.uk/cho...p?topic=5356.0

    While you are there click the 'Chocolate' section at the top some good chocolate wrappers there.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #62
      Re: Biscuits

      Biscuits available in the School tuck shop? Red and Blue metallic wrapper?

      Wouldnt be Elevensies would it?

      Just a vague memory from first school.

      Comment


      • #63
        NICE biscuit outrage!

        I know I should get out more, but I feel I must share my disgust following my latest foray into the world of biscuits.

        I was in Morrisons the other day and couldn't resist a bumper pack of Crawford's Teatime biscuits. 85 biscuits and 8 varieties said the box and they were dirt cheap. I did not expect much, but I DID expect the NICE biscuits to vaguely resemble the much-loved biccy of old.

        Instead the NICE print could hardly be seen, the fluted edge was badly fashioned and worst of all, IT WAS NOT COVERED IN SUGAR! I know times are tough but this is ridiculous!

        Observe the offending biccy below.
        Click image for larger version

Name:	crawf-nice.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	259985
        1976 Vintage

        Comment


        • #64
          Re: NICE biscuit outrage!

          Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
          I know I should get out more, but I feel I must share my disgust following my latest foray into the world of biscuits.

          I was in Morrisons the other day and couldn't resist a bumper pack of Crawford's Teatime biscuits. 85 biscuits and 8 varieties said the box and they were dirt cheap. I did not expect much, but I DID expect the NICE biscuits to vaguely resemble the much-loved biccy of old.

          Instead the NICE print could hardly be seen, the fluted edge was badly fashioned and worst of all, IT WAS NOT COVERED IN SUGAR! I know times are tough but this is ridiculous!

          Observe the offending biccy below.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]3219[/ATTACH]

          I'd write a strongly worded letter of complaint if I was you!
          The only thing to look forward to is the past

          Comment


          • #65
            Re: Biscuits

            That biscuit looks disgusting.

            Comment


            • #66
              Re: NICE biscuit outrage!

              Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
              I know I should get out more, but I feel I must share my disgust following my latest foray into the world of biscuits.

              I was in Morrisons the other day and couldn't resist a bumper pack of Crawford's Teatime biscuits. 85 biscuits and 8 varieties said the box and they were dirt cheap. I did not expect much, but I DID expect the NICE biscuits to vaguely resemble the much-loved biccy of old.

              Instead the NICE print could hardly be seen, the fluted edge was badly fashioned and worst of all, IT WAS NOT COVERED IN SUGAR! I know times are tough but this is ridiculous!

              Observe the offending biccy below.
              [ATTACH=CONFIG]3219[/ATTACH]

              i see what you mean regarding no sugar on them.
              they always had a sparkly sugary look.

              maybe the fact they where dirt cheap is why they had no sugar on them although thats no excuse.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

              Comment


              • #67
                Re: Biscuits

                A line has been crossed when NICEs are sold unsugared!
                1976 Vintage

                Comment


                • #68
                  Re: Biscuits



                  YoYo
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Re: Biscuits

                    I used to love YoYo's. I had put them to the back of my mind until I saw this pic. The mint ones were my favorite.
                    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Re: Biscuits

                      those mint ones where just irresistible how many times i ate a whole packet and mu mum said where are they.

                      the toffe ones where ok but more than 2 and i started feeling sick.
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Re: NICE biscuit outrage!

                        Originally posted by darren View Post
                        i see what you mean regarding no sugar on them.
                        they always had a sparkly sugary look.

                        maybe the fact they where dirt cheap is why they had no sugar on them although thats no excuse.
                        That biscuit almost needs to go by another name. It's not nice. I loved NICE biscuits but dunkability was very poor.
                        Wish we could have Royal Scot biscuits back too.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Re: Biscuits

                          Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
                          I used to love YoYo's. I had put them to the back of my mind until I saw this pic. The mint ones were my favorite.
                          I know what you mean. Yoyo's were a staple of my childhood but I had generally forgotten about them. I liked the mint and toffee equally. I wonder why such an iconic biccy has proved so forgettable?
                          1976 Vintage

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Re: Biscuits

                            Originally posted by DICKIE2001 View Post
                            Hi
                            This is my firstpost on this forum,since finding this forum i have remembered so many things from my childhood that i hadnt thought of for years so many good memories from 70s and very early 80s,golden times no worries just fun any way to my question.does any one remember?some biscuits which were wrapped in blue or red foil covered in chocolate with a crumbly middle?think they did plain or milk.
                            Elevenses?

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Re: Biscuits

                              same here i just loved them.
                              could not eat enough of them.

                              think the toffee had red packaging.

                              and man i loved dunking them.

                              you could keep them in for a long time as well.


                              Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                              I know what you mean. Yoyo's were a staple of my childhood but I had generally forgotten about them. I liked the mint and toffee equally. I wonder why such an iconic biccy has proved so forgettable?
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Re: Biscuits

                                Last week Asda were selling jammie Wagon Wheels for 1. I haven't had a wagon wheel for quite a few years now (they'd gotten a lot smaller and didn't taste quite the same so I hadn't bought any for a while).............these were bloomin' lovely

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X