Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Names of Ice Lollies

Originally posted by Cats 'r us View Post
    Does anyone remember a chocolate coated lolly, with bumps (nuts or biscuits), and when you got to the centre it was like a chewy soft toffee? What was it called?
    Wasn't that the previously mentioned Lord Toffingham?

Comment

Originally posted by fanoofez View Post
      Wasn't that the previously mentioned Lord Toffingham?
      that had no bits

Heather

Comment

Cyder Apple X4 , Raspberry Lolly,Special Tasti Pop Lollie, Cola Fizz and Super Split. Wrappers all from the 70's.
        Attached Files
        Heather

Comment

I remember in the 70s going mad for lollies which had chocolate shapes in the middle, I think there was a lolly with a milk chocolate shape in the middle and one with a white chocolate shape, for some reason I always think that the shapes may have been chess pieces but can't imagine how or why that would work. Anyone any ideas???

Comment

• Re: sweets chocolate and ice lollies

Anyone remember an ice lolly called Merlin's Brew? It was a sort of chocolate-mint flavoured lolly with a brown wrapper with a cartoon "Merlin" wizard on it!... quite cheap too!

Comment

we do indeed

Comment

[QUOTE=sixtyten;125642]we do indeed

Excellent! I haven't seen that wrapper for over 20 years! What happened to them?

Comment

~Does any remember :- Frutie Blues, Hopscotch and Dracula ice lollies?

Comment

Originally posted by The Low Country View Post
                    ~Does any remember :- Frutie Blues, Hopscotch and Dracula ice lollies?
                    If you go back through both the ice lolly and defunct sweet threads most of the goodies you mention on both threads can be found
                    Heather

Comment

I'd love to see a full close up of this!

Walls Woppa
                      Attached Files
                      Heather

Comment

Has anyone mentioned Toni Bell ice creams yet. We used to get them from the ice cream van and they were plastic footballs about the size of tennis balls, I remember them in several colours - red , orange, yellow & white with soft ice cream inside. After you'd eaten the ice cream you just clicked the lid back on and use it for a ball.

Comment

Originally posted by The Low Country View Post
                          Has anyone mentioned Toni Bell ice creams yet. We used to get them from the ice cream van and they were plastic footballs about the size of tennis balls, I remember them in several colours - red , orange, yellow & white with soft ice cream inside. After you'd eaten the ice cream you just clicked the lid back on and use it for a ball.
                          see here
                          https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/f...tml#post118424
                          Heather

Comment

2 Ball Screwball, Fame, Split,Tropical Fruitie,Fame, Funny Faces and Dark & Golden
                            Attached Files
                            Heather

Comment

Regarding the ice lolly: Count Dracula's Secret.I have just translated it into Spanish,and google the words: Polo De Hielo De Dracula.I came up with a few sites discussing it with pictures.There seems to be boxes of them for sale.Unfortunately,i cannot speak Spanish in any way whatsoever,so i do not know if they are still for sale or if they are still being made.Here are the links:

Google Translate

Google Translate

Google Translate

Google Translate

Google Translate

Google Translate

Frigo || Productos

The Little Blue Cow - Aquellos maravillosos helados ...

Google Translate

I have used the google translator links for some of the sites,so we can have a fair idea of what they are saying.
                              I also googled: Frigo Dracula aswell.

Can anybody tell if the Dracula ice lolly is still being made or sold? If so,is there an address where we can contact or buy them?

Comment

Yes, Walls still make a Dracula lolly (the black ice one) in Spain, as I try and have one everytime I'm there. The packaging is rubbish nowadays though :cry:

Comment

Working...
                                X