Names of Ice Lollies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Names of Ice Lollies

walls Woppa, I've never noticed the different flavours on the wrappers before we've had Strawberry creme and Raspberry and orange now here's Blackcurrent
    Heather

Comment

Wall's Shoot

Heather

Comment

Lovely Jubbly!

Comment

edited in some more backs
          Heather

Comment

Just when you think these threads have run dry

Still the best on the Net

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
              Still the best on the Net
              Yep, i'm so happy I discovered this amazing place.
              This thread is awesome, wish I could eat a Lyons Maid Tequila Sunrise right now.

Comment

Midland Counties Ice Warrior & Chocpotamus

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post

1978 LYONS MAID CHARACTER LOLLY STICKS x7

6 X LOLLY STICKS FROM THE SUPERMAN COLLECTION (as below)

MR FREEZE
                  SUPERMAN
                  THE PENGUIN
                  DR DESTINY
                  CATWOMEN
                  plus LOLLY STICK FROM THE GOAL COLLECTION ...KEVIN KEEGAN
                  More coming

Comment

Wonder Woman

Batman

Robin

Penguin

Comment

DR Destiny

Superman

Catwoman

Comment

I've lurked around here before but finally decided to join after the sheer nostalgia rush of this thread! <3

I have to mention Hopscotch - oh wow, I would never have remembered this one but the moment I saw the pic of the wrapper I could practically taste the thing sooo good! Oh and Heart as well, I never got one of those unless I was staying with my Nan on my own (hah, no irksome little brother) so it was a real treat.

I love the fact someone mentioned Push-ups,I can vaguely recall getting them off the ice cream van when I was small. And speaking of the ice cream van, we had a Midland Counties one too in the 70s (Deal Beach Parlour before that I think) and I used to love the big choc ice on a stick thing they did (sorry, I saw it earlier on the thread but forgot the name) also the raspberry ripple type ice cream lolly, they seemed huge to me, much better value than Walls or LM. =P

A couple that are bugging me, Fizzy Lizzy (or Lizzie) I might be wrong but possibly there were 2 flavours of lolly, a lemon one and a raspberry (or strawberry one) each with a centre of sherbet powder that came as a real fizzy shock when you were eating the sweet outer shell.

Jungle Jim. My memory's really dodgy here, it was either a pink kids choc ice or a pink 'coola wafer' type lump of ice cream that they shoved into one of those boxy little wafer cones.

Jolly Jelly, this was Walls I believe, an ice cream lolly with a wobbly jelly centre and a choc cap, it might have been replaced by Jelly Jumbo.

Apologies of these have already been mentioned, I'm just high on nostalgia & happy to be here! =)

Comment

I remember a Fizz, Rocket, Yobble Gobble choc bomb, but my favourite was a witche's hat, a basic blackurrant or orange lollt witn an ice cream cornet stuck on top.

Comment

Were wibbly wobbly's the ones with the jelly centre? If not, what were those they were amazing! My personal fave was the cider lollies.

Comment

Cool, I had forgotten about the cider lollies, they were really great.

My faves were Lolly Gobble Choc Bomb and Mivi.

The Mivi was relatively expensive and usually only had one of them on a visit to the pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by Jojof View Post
                                Were wibbly wobbly's the ones with the jelly centre? If not, what were those they were amazing! My personal fave was the cider lollies.
                                Wibbly Wobbly Wonder and yes apparently it was lime jelly

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.7 KB
ID:	260066

And of course the Jelly Jumbo Ice lolly contained red jelly.
                                Heather

Comment

Working...
                                X