Names of Ice Lollies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Names of Ice Lollies

Yummy used to like the Oyster ice creams, though my favorite is the Knickerbocker Glory, mega yummy, my mom and dad said as a little boy/kid i stood on a stool to eat it all.......

Comment

Originally posted by Oggy View Post
      Yummy used to like the Oyster ice creams, though my favorite is the Knickerbocker Glory, mega yummy, my mom and dad said as a little boy/kid i stood on a stool to eat it all.......
      lol, bet you didn't have to be told "and your not leaving the table tilll your finished!!!!

That was something mum always used to save up for so we had one when we went on holiday.

There was also the cocoa cola drink with a scoop of ice cream in the bottom - can't remember what it was called, another good one.

Comment

There was a vanilla ice cream during the 70's that came in an orange plastic ball, there was a lid on the top of the ball and which you opened and scooped out the ice cream _ can't remember what it was called.

Comment

Originally posted by ceg56 View Post
          There was a vanilla ice cream during the 70's that came in an orange plastic ball, there was a lid on the top of the ball and which you opened and scooped out the ice cream _ can't remember what it was called.
          Wow! Flashback! I remember the orange ball,but not until you mentioned it.I can't recall the name either,but will have to find out
          Last edited by sixtyten; 11-03-2007, 20:48.

Comment

Phew!! Didn't think anyone else would remember them, I don't think that they were on the market long were they? They weren't a promotional thing for some event etc?

Really good to share memories and as you said yourself, they really bring the old flashbacks on lol. This site has really got me thinking back to the past, still as long as I still know what is happening in the present, I think my sanity won't be questioned any more than it normally is!!

Thanks Daz!!

Carolyn

Comment

I'm sure they came in other colours.I can't find any info on the web,but don't seem to be Lyons Maid or Walls.Maybe they were from an ice cream van?

Comment

Update!! The balls were called Toniballs, sold by Tonibell ice cream vans from 1970 to 1973, and the old memory must be going,as they were only sold in Red colour apparently
                Last edited by sixtyten; 15-04-2008, 20:45.

Comment

Well done!! Thought I could remember them being orange, so we both have got memory problems lol.

Comment

Heather,that multi coloured ice lolly, was it a 'Pizazz'??

Tangle Twister along with Pzazz
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	pzazz.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	258626

Comment

Zoom
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	zoom.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	20.9 KB
ID:	258364

Comment

The plot thickens..The info I found on the balls was believed to have come from Lyons,but I just contacted Lyons and they say they have no record of a product calld Toniballs,and reckon its an unlikely name
                        However,I have contacted an expert in his field,hopefully,he will shed some light

Edit: Miniballs is the latest name I have found
                        Last edited by sixtyten; 13-03-2007, 23:56.

Comment

thanks Daz, I have been looking myself as well using the Toniball name (can't say I rememebr it under that name, but then I can't remember any name for it!!). Can't remember where I bought it either - I'm pretty useless all round lol (I need a smiley with a dunces hat on).

I will keep looking as well.

Carolyn

Comment

Pizazz did ring a bell daz, but It's just come back to me, the one you can still get around here is called Zap,I thought of it the other day,but wrote it off as a Rocket/Zoom.(doh.)

ahaa just been reading Pizazz where about in the 1970's, but apparently had a name change to Zap in the 1980's!?!
                            Last edited by Heather74; 15-08-2007, 18:00.
                            Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74
                              ahaa just been reading Pzazz where about in the 1970's, but apparently had a name change to Zap in the 1980's!?!

Or maybe it rung a bell because you were thinking of Daz and his
                              "Pizzazz" !!! (don't worry we all get a bit confused with age!:cry: )

Carolyn

Comment

anyone remember the Star Wars lollies the ice cream man used to sell?, you also got a free mask, i recall chewie,c3po & stormtrooper masks

Comment

Working...
                                X