Names of Ice Lollies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Names of Ice Lollies

That American style one reminds me of the Stars and stripes tubs that you used to get in cinemas.
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

OMG what a Fantasic double sided Sign here

Freak out (I was when i found this lol) and the amazing Haunted House

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lyons-Maid-Ice...3A1%7C294%3A50
      Heather

Comment

I have very fond memories of Jack of Diamonds from the early 1970s. I seem to recall it was a white wrapper with a classic Jack of Diamonds playing card design on the front. Vague memories that it was coffee flavoured, covered in chocolate with nut chips embedded in it.

Comment

Originally posted by fanoofez View Post
          I have very fond memories of Jack of Diamonds from the early 1970s. I seem to recall it was a white wrapper with a classic Jack of Diamonds playing card design on the front. Vague memories that it was coffee flavoured, covered in chocolate with nut chips embedded in it.
          I don't remember it, but mmm, sounds delish!
          sigpic
          'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Its mentioned on the Lyons Maid website, no picture but it does indeed say it was coffee flavoured Ice cream in a choc n biscuit coating!!!

*drool*
            Heather

Comment

Oh baby. I want one of those so bad right now.

Comment

Dracula

Black outer ice with vanilla and strawberry ice cream inner

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
                  Wow, Hopscotch. I'd completely forgotten them. They were lovely.
                  I LOVED those! How could I have forgotten about them?

...and how did these escape notice!? I want one!

Comment

Perhaps we should mount a 'Bring Back Jack Of Diamonds' Campaign!
                    sigpic
                    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Please forgive me if they have already been mentioned, ive not read through the full thread....Space 1999 a green ice lolly with red jelly in the center....and Six million dollar man ice lolly ...white(maybe lemonade flavour) with again red jelly in the center....gawwdddddd i loved em!!!

Terrier.

Comment

Woppa.
                        Attached Files
                        Heather

Comment

Don't recall Woppa, but that looks appealing to me. The simplest ice lollies are the best - as desirable as a Feast is, on a hot day, it's a Sparkle I'm thinking on.

Comment

Originally posted by Derekflint View Post
                            Don't recall Woppa, but that looks appealing to me. The simplest ice lollies are the best - as desirable as a Feast is, on a hot day, it's a Sparkle I'm thinking on.
                            Aye. Couldn't beat lemonade sparkle, cider and somebody used to do a lager and lime lolly (blue wrapper with a parasol IIRC). There was a local shop that used to sell vimto ice cups. They always went down well on hot days.
                            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier View Post
                              Please forgive me if they have already been mentioned, ive not read through the full thread....Space 1999 a green ice lolly with red jelly in the center....and Six million dollar man ice lolly ...white(maybe lemonade flavour) with again red jelly in the center....gawwdddddd i loved em!!!

Terrier.
                              Terrier, you can make out a Space 1999 on this poster Huggie (Heather) recently added; lower left corner:
                              Space1999

Space 1999 wrapper

Bionicman Wrapper
                              sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
                                Terrier, you can make out a Space 1999 on this poster Huggie (Heather) recently added; lower left corner:
                                Space1999

Space 1999 wrapper

Bionicman Wrapper

Looking at the top link, I just noticed a Crime Squad in the 'play sticks' part of the poster. What on earth was that about?

Bionic Man sounds nice and/or interesting. Lemonade and spearmint? Could be heaven or hell.

Comment

Working...
                                X