Names of Ice Lollies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Names of Ice Lollies

Thank you so much Sixtyten,that is incredibly helpful of you.I do agree that the packaging is not as good,it looks slightly Anime to me.Saying that though,it looks to be made of a better quality material than the old paper packaging it once had.These new packaging seem to have a cushion of air around the lolly,whereas the old paper ones had a habit of sticking to the ice lolly a lot of the time,so we had to peel paper off half the ice lolly.At least that has changed.

Comment

Attached Files
      Heather

Comment

Originally posted by rugga View Post
        anyone remember the Star Wars lollies the ice cream man used to sell?, you also got a free mask, i recall chewie,c3po & stormtrooper masks

Attached Files
        Heather

Comment

I had both of these. Got them when I bought a Star Wars lolly at the Odeon Cinema, Croydon, watching Star Wars for the second time on the big screen.. wish I'd kept them.. surely they won't sell at £400 a piece??

Comment

You'll be kicking yourself if they do sell! 800 smackeroonies!! Shame the stormtrooper is missing
            Heather

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
              the other was blue plastic with a stencil type thing on both ends
              (may have been called codebreakers or something)
              Can't quite remember the name of this lolly. Sure it had 'Spy' in the title. You put the blue stick on some paper and wrote out the code that was etched into the stick. Then you turned the stick around and wrote again, and some words 'magically' appeared.

Although I can't remember the name of the lolly, I do remember that you could send off for a 'Secret Spy Pen'.

Damn! The name is going to annoy me now.
              "Me fail English? That's unpossible!"

Comment

Lyons made Napoli
                Attached Files
                Heather

Comment

Originally posted by steveffisher View Post
                  Can't quite remember the name of this lolly. Sure it had 'Spy' in the title. You put the blue stick on some paper and wrote out the code that was etched into the stick. Then you turned the stick around and wrote again, and some words 'magically' appeared.

Although I can't remember the name of the lolly, I do remember that you could send off for a 'Secret Spy Pen'.

Damn! The name is going to annoy me now.
                  **UPDATE** I believe they were called 'Secret Agent'.

Comment

I forgot that the 'Black Hole' lolly had the red bit inside like 'Count Dracula's Deadly Secrets'. And the more I read into this thread, the more my childhood is rushing back through my addled mind. Screwballs?! Ice cream and bubble gum inside an inverted plastic Dalek.

Me, I'm anybody's for a Lemonade Sparkle.

Comment

I remember getting a cone with tootie fruitie ice cream in it.And those ice cerams shapped with smilie face on.or was it a foot?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by memoman View Post
                        I remember getting a cone with tootie fruitie ice cream in it.And those ice cerams shapped with smilie face on.or was it a foot?
                        both Funny Faces and Funny Feet wrappers can be found on this thread
                        Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                          both Funny Faces and Funny Feet wrappers can be found on this thread
                          cheers..
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post

Lyons Maid Cocktails Pina Colada and Brandy Alexander
                            Wow what a blast from the past, I was obsessed with Brandy alexanders. Still am... with the real stuff. he he.

Comment

I always wanter a oyster i cream from the ice cream man, pocket money woudnt stretch to that

Comment

the "blue lolly" i am sure was called a "fruity Blue"

Comment

Working...
                                X