The Terry's Pyramint competitor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Terry's Pyramint competitor

The competitor to the Terry's Pyramint was called Savana (this is the correct spelling), and it was manufactured by Rowntree Mackintosh. It came in a gold coloured box and it was on sale for a short period of time during 1986 and 1987. It had almost certainly been discontinued when Rowntree Mackintosh was taken over by Nestle in June 1988.

There is next to no information about the Savana on the internet, although it was briefly advertised on TV.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pyramid-shape-gold-savana-chocolate_360_3b3cb27691c315d376506ecc21970c17.jpg
Views:	222
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	288278

Comment

Any idea what flavour the filling was?

Why did it have such a short production life? Did it taste revolting, or was there some legal wrangle with Terry's over the pyramid design?

I reckon Savana is one of the most obscure and forgotten chocolate products of the 1980s.

Comment

A bit of info I found for Rowntree Savana 1986/1987

Advertising catchphrase: Savana seen in all the best circles.
        Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
          Any idea what flavour the filling was?

Why did it have such a short production life? Did it taste revolting, or was there some legal wrangle with Terry's over the pyramid design?

I reckon Savana is one of the most obscure and forgotten chocolate products of the 1980s.
          BIB Apricot pieces

Heather

Comment

Working...
          X