• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Crisps

Golden Wonder Crackles

Heather

Comment

Hi new here some great post! does anybody remember really ruthless crisp made at the snack factory lancs

Comment

my favourite crisps as a kid were golden wonder ready salted-yes boring i know lol-tried the oxo flavour and bovril flavour from smiths crisps but always asked mum to buy me the ready salted onesoh and there were monster munch ones too-the beef ones slid down a treat

Comment

I always wondered what happened to Tudor Crisps and how come Walkers was such a HUGE name all of a sudden when I had never even HEARD of them. Just looked them up.
          Apparently, Tudor was bought out by Smiths. (The people who gave us Salt-'N'-Shake crisps). Smiths were then bought out by Nabisco who OWNED Walkers. The whole kit-and-kaboodle was then bought out by Pepsico.
          So although the NAME Tudor Crisps no longer exists, in a way, they are still with us, but they are now part OF Walkers who are owned by Pepsi. Now I know, I can sleep better at night.

Comment

Chutney flavour Outer Spacers
            Heather

Comment

just loving seeing all these crisp packets again- i say again as im one of the many thousands who ate most of these at various points as a kid-a big thanks to everyone for sharing-my recently discovered ones will be on soon,still need more cleaning before i scan them up

Comment

in fact if anyone has any spare crisp packets they want to let go of please pm me-ill pay the price your after no problem-and postage of course

Comment

Does anyone remember Tudor Tatties? I can't remember much about them; I think they were a snack rather than a crisp, and there was a TV advert for them that had a Scottish voice saying "Get your Tudor Tatties laddie". I think it must have been around the mid 70s. Nobody I know can remember them.

Comment

Nice thread. Being born in 1985 though I'd like to see some more late 80s/90s crisp memories. Does anyone remember (my personal favourite), Spaghetti Sauce Monster Munch? I'm also baffled why Walkers discontinued the Lamb and Mint Sauce flavour Sensations, which I think first appeared in the late 90s.
                    Was pleased to stumble accross Happy Snax on here. I remember they used to sold in multipacks in clear packaging, much like Kellogg's variety packs of cereal.
                    There's one more wild card I'm gonna put out there.. I remember in the very early 90s there was a rounded sort of crisp, can't remember what flavour, (perhaps beef/bbq) which looked like Discos. I think they were Looney Tune themed and actually had a print of Looney Tune characters actually on the crisp itself. Id be surprised if anyone can remember that!

Comment

Comment

GREAT AD SIXTY.

HERES ANOTHER WOW NY GOD THESE WHERE SO NICE.

http://youtu.be/g2UfzAQ8Pfg
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Tayto Crisps made in Northern Ireland come to mind. Rather similar to Dorito's but have found them only in uk prisons. Maybe only sold in Northern Ireland normally
                          sigpic
                          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by makum101 View Post
                            I may be wrong but wernt Quintions Makro's own brand?
                            Hi no quintins crisps used to make crisps for makro aldi tescos ect .They were an independent company ,a few years later they were taken over and the snack factory was born,another few years down the line they bought golden wonder this led to its demise in 2003.i worked there for 12 years happy days

Comment

far as i know tayto are sold only here in N.I MATE.

i can assure they are sold all over n.i my uncle works for them.

and yes similar to doritos.
                              tayto 3rd largest snack manufacturer in the uk.

http://www.theirishstore.com/blog/wp...to-crisps1.png
                              https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7019/6...7452db165e.jpg

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                              Tayto Crisps made in Northern Ireland come to mind. Rather similar to Dorito's but have found them only in uk prisons. Maybe only sold in Northern Ireland normally
                              Last edited by darren; 14-02-2015, 00:24.
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
                                Originally posted by darren View Post
                                far as i know tayto are sold only here in N.I MATE.

i can assure they are sold all over n.i my uncle works for them.

and yes similar to doritos.
                                tayto 3rd largest snack manufacturer in the uk.

http://www.theirishstore.com/blog/wp...to-crisps1.png
                                https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7019/6...7452db165e.jpg
                                I've spotted Tayto Crisps in Pound shops in Edninburgh before.

Comment

Working...
                                X