Crisps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Crisps

Not quite old - Pickled Onion were in red coloured bags originally and flamin' hot were never part of them either. Smoky Bacon should've been brought back and flamin hot left as smaller

Comment

Awww...fantastic thread guys, made me feel like a kid again you are a gem Daz. I sat and stared at the Smiths bovril pkt for about 5 mins just to see if I could taste them one more time. I loved them sooooo much and ate at least 6 pkts a day till they were discontinued. I wrote to Walkers to ask them to bring them back and they told me to try Marmite....nothing like them I'm afraid. Those fried onion were lovely, had forgotton about those. Anyone remember Roast lamb and Mint Sauce? they were lovely but only a limited edition. So glad I found this website, it's fantastic and I haven't smiled so much in a long while, so thanks guys.........didn't get to bed till 2.30am this morning and here I am again heading for another late nighter

Comment

Thanks Caz! Welcome aboard.
        We do pride ourselves as having the most obscure and best pictures and memories on the net.
        If you can remember it, its probably here, If its not, We'll find it

Looks like we share a birthday too
        Last edited by sixtyten; 03-10-2008, 23:09.

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Daz. A fellow Aquarian huh? Bet I'm older than you though

Comment

Promo item from 1985

Heather

Comment

Crispi Cruchies 1971
              Heather

Comment

A couple of 10p crisps I remember are Quarterbacks, they were cheeseburger flavoured and Space Raiders, they used to be triangle shaped but now they're alien head shaped.

My mother remembers JJ crisps, around 60s or 70s I imagine, ring any bells with anyone?

Comment

Here is one that i am sure no-one will remember.

Vico Crisps.

Vico were the brand name for regular crisps that were mainly but not exclusively sold in Kwik Save in the early 80's. They didn't last long and my sister and i think this is because the flavours were illegally strong. No kidding; a glass of milk was needed to get through a packet regardless of the flavour, and trying to eat the Wuster Sauce was almost impossible.

The flavours included;
                  Cheese and Onion
                  Beef
                  Wuster Sauce

Comment

Ahhhh, I can't believe you have kick-started my memory over the Piglet crisps, I remember them!!

Also.. does anyone remember Pizza flavour ones, shaped.. well, like slices of pizza funnily enough. They were great. Can't remember what they were called..

Also, TANGY TOMS!! The stuff dreams are made of. You can still get them I think.

Comment

KP CRINKLE-OLOGIST
                      [ATTACH]933[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Tilly Jane View Post
                        ok, need your help! Does anyone remember XL crisps? My dad use to work for Bettabake, and i remember him selling these on his bread round. It would really make my day to see an old packet, anyone help????
                        Heather

Comment

Originally posted by tanas
                          Does anyone remember 'Claws'? I'm sure there were a 'Bone' variety too. I just can't remember what flavour they were but know they weren't pickled onion. Any ideas?
                          bones were salt and vinegar i think and they had a skeleton on the packet
                          "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Originally posted by frame View Post
                            bones were salt and vinegar i think and they had a skeleton on the packet
                            All packets of Smiths Horror bags are posted on the link below, plus much more

https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/f...rror-bags.html
                            Heather

Comment

Originally posted by tanas
                              Does anyone remember 'Claws'? I'm sure there were a 'Bone' variety too. I just can't remember what flavour they were but know they weren't pickled onion. Any ideas?
                              I remember these crisps they were bones fangs and bats...bones were salt and vinegar fangs were cheese and onion and bats were either burger or hamburger i think.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	7f6c_12.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	258333

Hedgehog Flavour.

Comment

Working...
                                X