Old Skool Packaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Old Skool Packaging

Wow these are cool, never seen these before. Where does this picture come from please?
    Originally posted by sixtyten
    Black Bat Chews & Midnight Chews

Comment

^ Issue no.2 of the 80's version of Eagle Comic (1982)

Comment

1973/1974 Freddo Frog Jokes

*From The Shed of clutter
        Heather

Comment

I wonder if this Italiano evolved into Gino Ginelli.

Comment

I used to love Smiths Savoury Vinegar crisps.

Does anyone know when they stopped being produced, and is there any of todays flavours that are similar?

Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post

Does anyone know what the chocolates are called on the 3rd picture (Cadburys Chocolate Assortments), to the right of the 'see leaflet for details' bit. I have a cloudy memory of seeing those and wanting them cos I liked the box lol.

Lynn

Comment

Originally posted by lynnski View Post
                Does anyone know what the chocolates are called on the 3rd picture (Cadburys Chocolate Assortments), to the right of the 'see leaflet for details' bit. I have a cloudy memory of seeing those and wanting them cos I liked the box lol.

Lynn
                Hi Lynn,
                They were "Something Special" Plain assortment

Comment

Here you go

Comment

Does anyone remeber the Mr Men cadburys chocolate bars? they were very similar to Freddos and were about early 80s, also my GF was having a clean out the other day and has a cadburys buttons little round tin, were these sold with buttons in originally? i dont remember them.

Comment

I remember as a kid Findus used to make a couple of chilled deserts pear melba and peach melba?Can't find anything on the internet about them
                      sigpic

Comment

Cadbury's Buttons Circus animals

happy Faces

Nestle Ideal Black Hole Evaporated Milk label

And Westons Wagon Wheels
                        Heather

Comment

Roland rat spaghetti shapes

Heather

Comment

club

Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                              club

I live in Reading and know the Kings Road well, it used to have the Head Offices of Nabisco, which owned the Jacobs brand back then until General Mills Corporation from the USA which was its parent company was taken over in a management buy-out in the mid 1980s and decided to sell off its European ventures and many brand names which included Huntley & Palmers which did Family Circle biscuits in tins (now defunct), Jacobs, Shreddies, Shredded Wheat, Rowtree Mackintosh, Lion Bars, to name but a few, many of their brands where licenced off to Nestle like Shreddies, Shredded Wheat etc whilst many names where lost. Shame, as I've often felt and tasted Nestle stuff as naff compared to the glory days of yore....The factory and Head Office where knocked down after the G.M. restructure/sell off of brands and Prudential UK bought the site and built their immense head offices which I've often passed by. I remember it going up circa 1987 onward.

The old Huntley & Palmers red brick factory next to it is still there but was turned into posh flats with no real outer changes and thats a nice thing, maintaining the historical look to it.... The front of the building has large gold coloured plated letters at the top forming the Huntley & Palmers fonted logo and the year it was first established as a mark of rememberance to Readings famous industrial past. We also used to have Homepride flour mills in Reading as it was also founded here. Then theres also Suttons Seeds...

Incidentally, General Mills used to own Palitoy, makers of Action Man until its sell off.

Comment

Heather

Comment

Working...
                                X