Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Old Skool Packaging

Originally posted by Derekflint View Post
    That Star Wars bubblegum card pack brings back serious memories.
    Yeah! for me too. I had loads of those from the corner shop in my Gran's village. A regular haunt whenever my folks went to visit.

It's only after browsing this forum that I realise just how much stuff I've lost over the years!

Comment

Tell me about it! I've just spotted the Wrigley's PK packet - had forgotten all about them until just now.

Hard coated chewing gum was really posh back then. Nowadays, just try finding a packet of Juicy Fruit that isn't that Strappleberry muck.

And Funny Feet rule!

Comment

1970's Trebor Mints still in the packet

(no not hankies this time rofl)
        Attached Files
        Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Derekflint View Post
          Tell me about it! I've just spotted the Wrigley's PK packet - had forgotten all about them until just now.

Hard coated chewing gum was really posh back then. Nowadays, just try finding a packet of Juicy Fruit that isn't that Strappleberry muck.

And Funny Feet rule!
          You can still get PK in Australia and the packaging is still the same. I used to like Beech nut that came from those shop front vending machines.
          "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Ah Australia. Givers of the Tim Tam. Sure it's little more than a Penguin with delusions of grandeur, but they are nicer.

Kangaroo steak sucks though.

But back to PK. I miss old packaging. I had no problem with a paper sleeve or a window on a plastic bag that let light shine in on me ready salted. The crisps were never going to be around long enough anyway! Can remember the big bags of crisps from either Sainsburys or M&S - roast chicken flavour. Usually opened on the way home. And Kit Kat just isn't the same without the sleeve.

Comment

What a trip down memory lane, thanks ,this is retro heaven!!!

Comment

Attached Files
                Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Fearmint View Post
                  Yeah! for me too. I had loads of those from the corner shop in my Gran's village. A regular haunt whenever my folks went to visit.

It's only after browsing this forum that I realise just how much stuff I've lost over the years!
                  I remember collecting Star wars cards and also Superman the movie ones,the chewing gum that came with them had quite a unique flavour ,if I remember rightly it was bloody awful

Comment

The flavour was okay - it just didn't last very long, and the gum was the kind that was tough to get going on, and then it would start to push against the gap between the gum and teeth. Nice!

Chewing gum related - was anyone else jealous that kids weren't supposed to have Dentyne?

Comment

It was awful. It used to squeak against your teeth when you first chewed it.
                      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Originally posted by Hooper68 View Post
                        I remember collecting Star wars cards and also Superman the movie ones,the chewing gum that came with them had quite a unique flavour ,if I remember rightly it was bloody awful
                        Yeah if I remember correctly i'm sure I was addicted to the bloody stuff, I used to see how much I could collect and then after 2-3 weeks try and make the worlds largest bubblegum just so the taste lasted longer!

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
                          It was awful. It used to squeak against your teeth when you first chewed it.
                          Yep it was the same noise as when the window cleaner cleaned the windows!

Comment

Attached Files
                            Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                              Do you know what years these are from Heather?
                              sigpic
                              'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
                                Do you know what years these are from Heather?
                                Kaz I emailed the seller and he say's he had them about 25 years (1984) but they were not brand new at the time, he got them from a fellow collector.
                                Heather

Comment

Working...
                                X