Smiths Horror Bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Smiths Horror Bags

Where does this picture of the stickers come from please?

Comment

It was from an Ebay auction. The seller only knew they came free with an IPC comic title. Not sure if they were HB related or not, but as you can see, two of them use the HB logos
      I'll put a better scan up tomorrow

Comment

Here we go..

Comment

Thank you so much for the scan, these are brilliant. Would you mind if I added them to my blog?

Comment

Be my guest

Comment

Do we know which comic these came with?
              I definitely had a set of these, but I had various comics over the years.
              Up to what year were horror bags made?

Just googled IPC and 2000ad came up and as you can see from my signature that looks like a contender.
              I started getting 2000ad circa 1982, that to me seems a little late for horror bags?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
                Be my guest
                Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos View Post
                  Do we know which comic these came with?
                  I definitely had a set of these, but I had various comics over the years.
                  Up to what year were horror bags made?

Just googled IPC and 2000ad came up and as you can see from my signature that looks like a contender.
                  I started getting 2000ad circa 1982, that to me seems a little late for horror bags?
                  Been thinking about it (I need an answer now!) but I can't really remember getting freebies from 2000ad that and the date I started getting it make me doubt this option.

One other thing is that my parents used to shop at the wholesale cash & carry and once did buy me and my sister a whole box of either bats or bones.
                  Could it have come from there, within the box?
                  Last edited by Paulos; 29-03-2011, 16:41.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Paulos View Post
                    Been thinking about it (I need an answer now!) but I can't really remember getting freebies from 2000ad that and the date I started getting it make me doubt this option.
                    Sixtytens the only one who can answer this one.They are his scans.

I have however gone right back through this thread and all items posted seem to be dated between 1974-1977 (though I personally believe they did live on into the early 80's)

One of Sixtys missing pictures is a Jackpot comic dated 1979

(heres a link until he can get it back on board) http://www.flickr.com/photos/deptfor...5494/lightbox/

getting closer to the 80's!!!
                    Heather

Comment

I have no idea at all. Not even sure that they are even Crisp related. I'd have said they were late 70's

Comment

As nearly all Jackpot covers are online, I don't think it was Jackpot freebie.. More likely Buster

Comment

Nope. Just checked the online Buster pages, and these stickers are not mentioned.. Monster fun??

Comment

I was thinking maybe Shiver and Shake which merged with WHOOPEE!
                            Heather

Comment

When did S & S finish? Again, online mentions of comic freebies fail to mention these.
                              Pretty sure HB's were sold into the early 80's

Comment

Well I've found comics(on ebay) which suggest they merged in the 70's, however there is a S&S Annual on ebay dated 1981

I suppose theres a chance the same artist who designed the HB packets also designed those stickers?
                                Heather

Comment

Working...
                                X