X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heather74
    replied
    Re: Smiths Horror Bags

The following Images have been kindly sent to us courtesy of THE SHED OF CLUTTER

Leave a comment:

• sixtyten
    replied

God I hope so.
    I don't recall sending for the full set (or if I did, I don't remember), But I did have that Yellow Coffin one from Whoppee, and I do recall a Scar one too, so I assume Whoppee gave away a few various ones, like they did with the Creepy Clutcher offer..
    It would have been limited I assume, as no kid would buy 21 issues trying to collect the full set...

Or did they??

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

great stuff another mystery solved, hopefully they'll go to someone who'll post them on the net in all their glory

Leave a comment:

• sixtyten
    replied

Yes. That Yellow coffin sticker is indeed one of the 21 Horrid Shiver stickers

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied
    Smiths Horror Bags

I would of thought so yes...but as always we never quite know what could still be out there waiting to be found

Leave a comment:

• sixtyten
    replied
    can you find the post with that green coffin sticker too? I'm also wondering if Paul's mystery glow in the dark sticker might have been part of this set too.. It does say 21 different stickers

EDIT: yes! must be... if you read the back of the packet, it says 20 stickers, which i assume are the clear type I recall, and special sticker "for your den"...gotta be the glo in the dark one

What a find!

That surely has to be the full set of HB offers now?? That one seemed to be the missing link (apart for the mystery swimming bag)

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

The only thing that rang a bell with me was mention of a Mystery flavour ?? I'll have to do some digging as I've probably read it here if anywhere

Leave a comment:

• sixtyten
    replied

Yep.. if you go to each individual auction, you can get pics of front and back of the bags..
    Zodiacs are ultra rare.. that's not jogging a single memory and I've never seen anyone talk about them either

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

Brilliant how these bags can suddenly trigger off the old memory

Leave a comment:

• sixtyten
    replied

Well. not window stickers as such, but clear, so you could stick them on mirrors, etc. Window stickers are normally in reverse

Leave a comment:

• sixtyten
    replied
    Smiths Horror Bags

... I now have had a flash back to the Horrid Shivers! I remember getting some of these.. small window stickers (the green coffin in a previous post that we knew was Smiths HB related, but could not place).
    That was given away with a comic (Buster?), but they must have had a selection of different ones, as I had the coffin one, but now can clearly (in my minds eye) a scar one too..
    Happy days

Leave a comment:

• steveffisher
    replied

Ribs and Bats? New one on me. Perhaps they were regional?

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

Heres an Advert from a comic for Smiths Horror Bags Spooky Tails no.2 The Uninvited guests.

"and is trying to sell a "horrible T Shirt!"

Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Heather74
    replied

Originally posted by just lindy View Post
    found one of the original adverts for the bats on you tube lol
    cool isn't it, you tube is great for old ad's.

http://cobwebbedroom.blogspot.com/

Leave a comment:

• just lindy
    replied

found one of the original adverts for the bats on you tube lol
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aF9ISi9g_AQ

Leave a comment:

Working...
X