Jumbo Coke Cans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Jumbo Coke Cans

I remember those seperate bases, sometimes they could be brown or green to match the main bottle colour.

Some 2 Litre beer bottles had them for a bit longer than the ones for soft drinks.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

This article will make you all laugh....

http://www.theonion.com/articles/coc...ter-size,1696/

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
        Anyone remember the massive Coke bottles? Bigger than the 2 L ones? I also remember Cokes 2 L and bigger bottles used to have black plastic bases at the bottom until they introduced the knobbly bottomed bottles.

Yup I remember them, the 3ltr chatty's or more to the point, I remember how My mates wife reacted when She gave him the bottle to open cause she couldn't do it
        He was in the kitchen and tried a couple of times with his hands, he couldn't open it either so He smashed the neck of the bottle down on the kitchen worktop,
        Well, the Bottle exploded and basically the whole kitchen was covered with 2 thirds of Coke, His Missus was none too pleased to say the least
        he said he was trying to loosen the lid LOL
        DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

these 3 lire ones sound great.
          must gave weighed a ton.
          where they around that long.

i never remember seeing them.

great story cukbara alwats thought you where a female.

Originally posted by culnara View Post
          Yup I remember them, the 3ltr chatty's or more to the point, I remember how My mates wife reacted when She gave him the bottle to open cause she couldn't do it
          He was in the kitchen and tried a couple of times with his hands, he couldn't open it either so He smashed the neck of the bottle down on the kitchen worktop,
          Well, the Bottle exploded and basically the whole kitchen was covered with 2 thirds of Coke, His Missus was none too pleased to say the least
          he said he was trying to loosen the lid LOL
          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

My local Iceland does 3ltr bottles of coke/diet coke

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
              This article will make you all laugh....

http://www.theonion.com/articles/coc...ter-size,1696/
              Brilliant. Somewhere someone probably swallowed every word of that as 100% truth.

Comment

I remember a couple of times my Brother opened a botte & it spraying all over the please & my Mum not being very pleased.

A couple of times Watchdog had a feature about bottles exploding, the worst being glass ones for fizzy drinks, now very rare.

I can remember tonic seemed to come in largish glass bottles until the early 1990s.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Speaking of can's I saw some Heineken cans of 6 yesterday and they looked like mini barrels they stock in pubs....novel. I also bought some of those slimline ready mixed cans of Gordons and Tonic, Morgans Rum and Coke and a Pimms and Lemonade....had the G and T last night....well worth the £1.89 price per can, cheaper than in the Pub!

Comment

Working...
                  X