Pick em out
          Heather

Comment

• Re: Defunct sweets?

Next post is 1000!!
            Congrats!

Comment

i loved sherbet pips,pear drops are still one of my favourites,if you suck them for too long they make the roof of your mouth bleed!!!
              can anybody remember cadburys top deck, it was milk choccy on the bottom and white choc on the top (or vice versa) yummy.

Comment

Distant memory here of a tube of hard boiled sweets called Double Agents. Now I'm sure people will remember Double Agents but its a limited edition flavour called 'Jungle Juice'. I always remember the JJ flavoured Double Agents because they taste exactly the same as Schweppes Russchian. I guess my folks used to mix their vodka with Russchian cos I used to drink the strange flavoured pink fizzy drink when I was a kid and whenever I get Russchian now it takes me straight back to those Double Agents Jungle Juice flavour

Comment

they used to call it chocolate licko in our corner shop, it was broken choclate like you described and ours sometimes had broken up smarties in it too.
                  "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

ahh yes I remember chocolate licko,nice on the top of trifle.yum
                    Heather

Comment

A few years ago I went for a job with a company called Dobsons who made sweets.

I was told that those chocolate bits were the ground up bits from all the returned out of date stock from the shops that was on sale or return.
                      Think nowadays it would go to the pigs !

Could never face eating it again!!

Buzz

Comment

Cheers for that Buzz, bit too late now though,.... rushes off to pinch mommas smilie from the things we eat as kids thread.:cry:
                        Heather

Comment

i think smarties have made a mistake this time, i liked the tube sweets, so that if you couldent eat them all you just popped the lid back on and saved them. you cant now and what a silly shape,
                          sigpic

Comment

oh dont they come in a round tube now what shape is it bumble? do you have a pic?
                            Heather

Comment

orange smarties always tasted like orange to me .........and i can remeber when they brought out the meany greenies.
                              "Raggy dolls, Raggy Dolls, dolls like you and me" "Raggy Dolls, Raggy Dolls, made imperfectly"

Comment

I always insisted they were orange flavour,only to have my brother say " they are all the same , just different colours" glad someone else thinks so too.
                                Heather

Comment

Working...
                                X