Defunct sweets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Defunct sweets?

Great montage some long forgotten favs on there.

A bit of useless trivia but Nestle's Dairy Crunch( a fav of mine) was called "**** Bar" in France. Caused a bit of a snigger when I used to bring some back for family and friends. Changed to plain old Crunch since Nestle took over the world of sweet making.

Sought out a packet of Toottie Fruities last week not too bad but not as good as the olden days ....or have my taste buds been decimated by too many curries?:cry:
    The eyes have it!
    sigpic

Comment

A great source for old packaging is the Robert Opie collection at the museum of brands, packaging and advertising in London. The collection's also been used in quite a few books.

http://www.robertopiecollection.com/...rt-Opie-GB.asp

is one I'd defintiely recommend. There are great spreads of old sweet wrappers and loads of other nostalgia tear-inducing stuff

Comment

Wow! must get a copy,thanks Wil!
        I've read "Remember when",that has a picture of the infamous Milk Tray bar in it

Comment

Bought a bag of the gum this morning..very tasty..its called Gold Nuggets

Comment

i cant find that Daz, have looked online, need a photo to see what im looking for,
            sigpic

Comment

Can anyone remember the name of the Smiths potato spirals they used to sell??

Comment

Comment

Gawd I rememebr those Daz.

What were the other ones besides 'bones'?
                  sigpic I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
                    Can anyone remember the name of the Smiths potato spirals they used to sell??
                    I thought they were "twirls" or "twists" although I may have been mislead by the new cheapo ones. No help here http://www.ilovecrisps.com/ either.

The salt and vinegar flavour was on par with chipsticks for ability to remove layers of skin from the top of your mouth.

Comment

Fangs,Bones,Claws and Bats..they were my favorite crisps ever

Comment

Can you still get scampi and lemon (fries)???, they were square and sort of like a cushion, another stinky snack NIK Naks .
                        Heather

Comment

yes..and cheese moments too

Comment

Anyone remember fish and chips snacks? They came in a plastic bag made to look like newspaper.
                            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I used to like sucking the powdery coating off of them

Comment

Was just thinking about them last night Mike!! making me drool again now
                                Last edited by Heather74; 15-05-2007, 13:42.
                                Heather

Comment

Working...
                                X