Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Defunct sweets?

Surely a toblerone would wear that crown...mmm toblerone milk or dark
    pass on the white though far to sweet yuk!
    Heather

Comment

Thanks Daz and Huggie74, spanish gold sweet tobacco, ahhhh thats solved the mystery, mmmm would love to try it now to see if its as nice as my memory remembers. Many Thanks

Comment

maynards milk bottles are still my fav from my childhood, lots have tried to copy but have never made that powder that just gets everywhere
        sigpic

Comment

Yum..fancy some of those now

Comment

LOL miss the white powder of sweet cigarettes/candy sticks too, and the red ends
            Heather

Comment

I was thinking about those chewy white cigarette sticks,with the peel off paper..can still taste them
              or sweet cheroots..the brown,longer version of the sweet cigarette,popular around the time Kojak was on the TV

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
                Yes they do.

For a long time they were my fave choc bar when I was a kid, I had one recently and they tasted good, just how I remembered them.

I had a couple of Double Deckers recently and while eating them one bite I ate the biscuit first then the top stuff & I found that if my memory to the taste of the Texan is right that the top of a Double decker tastes very simmilar?
                sigpic I WANT ONE NOW!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stockcarfan View Post
                  I had a couple of Double Deckers recently and while eating them one bite I ate the biscuit first then the top stuff & I found that if my memory to the taste of the Texan is right that the top of a Double decker tastes very simmilar?
                  I had the same discussion with a friend of mine years back,when they changed the chewy topping on DD's..it IS the stuff in Texans!

Comment

[quote=Daz;63542]I was thinking about those chewy white cigarette sticks,with the peel off paper..can still taste them

We had those in the sweets I won too , but my son ate them paper and all
                    Heather

Comment

are we not suppose to then, i got some the other day from some corner shop, i wasnt sure if we ate the paper,
                      sigpic

Comment

I dont think its rice paper bumble,didn't taste like it
                        Heather

Comment

ohhhh, it was a nightmare to get off though, the choccy was horrible also,
                          sigpic

Comment

somebody, somewhere is having a toffee crisp
                            Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Sixtyten View Post
                              bar six brings back memories! my dad used to get ma and my brother them every sunday night

Comment

Bar six reminds me of Blackpool Winter Gardens, I think its because there was the only place I seemed to eat them.
                                The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Working...
                                X