Defunct sweets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Defunct sweets?

remember the little bags of bubble gum called gold rush? like little gold nuggets !

Comment

Originally posted by Stockcarfan View Post
      In think you can still get Fry's chocolate cream origonal-ish and the green mint one? Oh please bring back the Frys Five Centres one, I used to buy those regularly they were delishous.
      i loved them

Comment

There are a couple of sweet shops (or lolly shops as they're called here) that sell English sweets. I always pop in and buy a Double Decker when passing, they're my favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by wildbird View Post
          remember the little bags of bubble gum called gold rush? like little gold nuggets !
          Click image for larger version

Name:	GoldNuggets.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.7 KB
ID:	258225

I remember these too they were great ......... was there something called spanish gold ? came in a cigarette like package ??

Comment

Why oh why did they do away with 'nutty' bars? I'd have kept them in business all by myself!
            "My Dad's taller than your Dad."

Comment

I LOVED Nutty bars!

Comment

Anyone know what happened to the proposed StarBar name change?
                It was meant to be renamed Peanut Moro (awful name),but they still seem to be called StarBars whereever I see them

Comment

Taken from Winkipedia

Starbar was Cadbury's first real attempt to establish a competitor for Mars' Marathon / Snickers bar. Initially popular in the mid-1970s, the Starbar largely exists due to a small but loyal fanbase, as the product has not been advertised or promoted for years. In the mid-70s Starbar was called Nunch, and its TV advertisement featured a dark-haired woman walking alongside a white horse which was pulling a barge down a canal. Nunch was rebranded Nudge and in the 1980s it briefly became "peanut Boost," only to return to Starbar as popularity of the Boost bar waned. In MAY 2006, Moro Peanut was launched in Ireland only, with the words "Formerly Starbar" displayed prominently on the label. The range is most commonly seen in small independent stores, and is most popular in Ireland. This product is also sold in Canada under the name 'Wunderbar'.
                  Last edited by Heather74; 25-02-2008, 12:03.
                  Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
                  <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Cool!
                    I don't remember Starbar in the 70's though..80's,yes, in a red packet.
                    and wasn't Peanut Boost something completely different?

also..whats Winkipedia

Comment

Read it again Daz !! It says Starbars was called NUNCH in the seventies !!

And who am I to argue with Winkipedea ?? *lol*
                      Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
                      <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Doh!..
                        Don't remember them either..maybe if I saw the packet I would

Comment

The Nutty was a thick roll of soft toffee rolled in peanuts, so they covered the whole surface. nearest thing around today in the US Payday bar..
                          Last edited by sixtyten; 07-04-2008, 17:05.

Comment

That looks like a dodgy turd!

They sell Moro bars over here (Australia) but I have yet to try one, I get too distracted by Double Deckers.

Comment

a blast from the past!
                              Attached Files

Comment

I remember going to the local sweet shop for a 3 pence mix and we would have a golf ball chewing gum, a bazooka joe bubble gum, a paper flying saucer with sherbet inside, a shrimp, a banana, a white mouse , a cola bottle and some mojos, black jacks or fruit salads. If we had more money we would get a quarter of midget gems, cherry lips. Other things i used to have were chocolate cigarettes, they were just like real ones and we used to pretend to smoke. Ruffle bars, potato puffs and spangles, cola cubes, pinapple chunks, army & navy sweets, bulls eyes,aniseed and candy twist, coconut mushrooms, sports mixtures, sensations,walnut whips,imps,chewing nuts,golden nuggets,sherbet dips or frying pan lollies with a bag of sherbet.. have you noticed how sweets have changed like curly wurlys used to be wider and longer, fruit gums used to have a bumpy side and tooty fruitys were bigger than they are now.

Comment

Working...
                                X