Defunct sweets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Defunct sweets?

Fry's Chocolate Cream 1970's..still contains the bar of chocolate .
    Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
      OMG!!!!! Spanish Gold!!!!!

Also Fizz Bang and Trebor Crazy Creatures that I dont think have been posted before, but Yay!!!!! Spanish Gold
      Didn't know Ripple had been around for so long - and don't remember Crunchie in an orange wrapper

Comment

Ripple has been with us since pre-decimal days. That Crunchie wrapper is the one I first remember circa 1974

Comment

Can anyone remember Keeko drinks ?

These used to come in cartons, you could either drink them or put them in the freezer and have them (many a happy summer spent as a kid with a frozen Keeko ).

A lot of people used to think that they were Vimto but the Keeko's tasted different and were far nicer IMO plus they were actually called Keeko. I think later on they may have been taken over by Vimto as they disappeared from the shelves. If my memory serves me correct, the Keeko's were in a semi translucent carton (white/clearish colour) with KEEKO written in gold, they also had a foil top (possibly gold too). It would be great if someone had a picture of one .

Can anyone remember the Keeko ?
          Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by ceg56 View Post
            PEZ - who remembers them!! Not sure if you can still get them, there were loads of different flavours
            Yeah I remember them, if my memory serve me right, these were shaped like a brick, they were a hard chalky sweet. They were roughly 1cm long by may be half cm. You could get various dispensers as well, I remember having one from the Jungle Book.
            Oh to be a kid again with a can of Top Deck on a hot summer day, now that would be good.

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
              Now I do remember real "ringpulls" the disappointment when the ring snapped off leaving the pull bit still there! The new style are just as rubbish though
              LOL that happened to me so many times there was nothing worse on a hot day and you were dying for a drink .

I remember roughly when the real ring pulls started to disappear, it was around the summer of 83-84, I had just bought a can of Coke and hadn't noticed that it had the new ring pull on, I can remember looking at it to see how I would open it, my initial thought when I opened it and took my first drink was that you didn't get anywhere near the same amount of drink comping out has you did with the real ring pulls.

Comment

Originally posted by Fatboy View Post
                Yeah I remember them, if my memory serve me right, these were shaped like a brick, they were a hard chalky sweet. They were roughly 1cm long by may be half cm. You could get various dispensers as well, I remember having one from the Jungle Book.
                I think they were called Tabs here in the UK.

Comment

Needlers Hazlenut Milk Chocolate.

Heather

Comment

NO sell by date! those were the days

Comment

Hollands Toffee Arrow which later went on to become the Penny Arrow
                      Heather

Comment

has anyone ever heard of Roundtrees coffee crisp, my dad seems to remember them pretty well.

Comment

Apparently they made this years ago (1963) still available in one form or another

Last edited by sixtyten; 30-04-2008, 13:57.

Comment

Sixtyten your a legend My dad reckoned it was around the 60's.

Comment

UFO sweet cigarettes
                              Attached Files

Comment

Misty,Spira and Golden Cup
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X