Defunct sweets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Defunct sweets?

I don't remember Bright Babies, but if anyone else does, did they taste like Jelly Babies?
    They sound like they glow in the dark!
    sigpic
    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Goodies Rainbow Drops
      Attached Files
      Heather

Comment

Wow! Sweeties! What a subject. Does any one remember any of the following
        Everlasting Toffee(about a foot long and really yummy,) Galaxy Counters (like cadbury buttons but smaller in size and were shiny like polished chocolate - not sugar coated like minstrels, in white bag with a giraffe or something on it) Mint Spangles (like polo's but square with a hole in the middle, the pkt was white with small blue stars on it) Acid drops (same sort of pkt as Spangles - may be same manufacturer but with diagonal stripes on it) Golden nuggets (little hessian sacks of misshaped pieces of gum with a gold(yellow) sugar coating) Chuckles (small boiled sweets in a pkt, round in shape and not individually wrapped like spangles were) Golden Cup (chocolate bar with runny toffee in the middle in a red and silver foil wrapper shaped a little like a bone)
        Cadbury 'Border' cream eggs (like cabury cream eggs but wrapped in tartan foil instead of foil with chicks on it and the centre was soft/runny chocolate)
        Last edited by The Low Country; 13-10-2009, 20:39.

Comment

As its impossible to tell which of the original posts got lost on the thread, you may have to excuse a few repeats

Cadburys Laughs
          Attached Files
          Heather

Comment

Originally posted by The Low Country View Post
            Wow! Sweeties! What a subject. Does any one remember any of the following
            Everlasting Toffee(about a foot long and really yummy,) Galaxy Counters (like cadbury buttons but smaller in size and were shiny like polished chocolate - not sugar coated like minstrels, in white bag with a giraffe or something on it) Mint Spangles (like polo's but square with a hole in the middle, the pkt was white with small blue stars on it) Acid drops (same sort of pkt as Spangles - may be same manufacturer but with diagonal stripes on it) Golden nuggets (little hessian sacks of misshaped pieces of gum with a gold(yellow) sugar coating) Chuckles (small boiled sweets in a pkt, round in shape and not individually wrapped like spangles were) Golden Cup (chocolate bar with runny toffee in the middle in a red and silver foil wrapper shaped a little like a bone)
            Cadbury 'Border' cream eggs (like cabury cream eggs but wrapped in tartan foil instead of foil with chicks on it and the centre was soft/runny chocolate)
            Just for you

Click image for larger version

Name:	newbie 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	259374 Click image for larger version

Name:	newbie 2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	9.2 KB
ID:	259375 Click image for larger version

Name:	newbie 3.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	259376
            Heather

Comment

Reward Milk Chocolate selection.
              Attached Files
              Heather

Comment

Attached Files
                Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post

I used to collect as many different Animal Bar wrappers as possible.
                  sigpic
                  'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

its not really that old, but none of my mates seem to remember it.... Toy Story Banana Flavour Chocolate! Sounds gross, I know, and the only reason I ever tried it was to see how disgusting it really was, but I was pleasantly surprised... it was delicious!
                    Anyone else try it?

Comment

Pop Choc
                      Attached Files
                      Heather

Comment

Can I add a few to this? Vitamint and Vitafruit. Boiled type sweeties with liquid ' vitamin filled' centres. I used to eat bagloads of these and suffer the aforewarned 'laxative effect', ahem.

Also I'd like to say that I have a loft full of various junk, I know we have a Horror Bags cardboard box up there, it's a bones one, I'll also remember to keep my eyes out for old sweet wrappers and things like that, I just *know* there will be some up there, as well as adverts in comica and stuff like that, probably dating from the early to mid 70s, right up to the late 80s. When I find them I'll scan or photograph for you guys.

Bev x

Comment

!! Sell it to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Bevluvsrats View Post
                            I'll also remember to keep my eyes out for old sweet wrappers and things like that, I just *know* there will be some up there, as well as adverts in comica and stuff like that, probably dating from the early to mid 70s, right up to the late 80s. When I find them I'll scan or photograph for you guys.

Bev x
                            Wow that would be Fantastic, something to look forward too
                            Heather

Comment

Originally posted by trinity View Post
                              i loved sherbet pips,pear drops are still one of my favourites,if you suck them for too long they make the roof of your mouth bleed!!!
                              can anybody remember cadburys top deck, it was milk choccy on the bottom and white choc on the top (or vice versa) yummy.
                              Attached Files
                              Heather

Comment

• Re: sweets from the past

Originally posted by salemsmine View Post
                                Can anyone remember the choc bar Ticket, it was a bit larger than a Yorkie and it had dried fruit and i think it had nuts as well, it came in a brown wrapper, i cant remember the advert or when they stopped making it. from maxine.

From Huggie74.
                                Attached Files
                                Heather

Comment

Working...
                                X