• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Defunct sweets?

Heads up!
    Honeycomb Yorkie is back as a Limited Edition

Comment

Yorkie chocolate doesn't taste like it used to, I bought a bar last year and I thought it was very tasteless. Last time before that when I had one was when I was a teenager.

Those Strollers were nice, except for the raisin bits.

Does anyone remember something called Vice Versas? They were like Minstrels in size - don't know if they were a Mars product or not - but there were brown shelled ones with white choc inside and white shelled ones with brown choc inside. I never liked them. I never liked Minstrels either, or Smarties, or Mini Eggs. It's the crunchy shell, when you bite into it and it goes all crumbly in your mouth, it feels creepy to me. :cry:

And is it just me who thinks this or is the chocolate on a Creme Egg getting thicker? And they are a lot bloody smaller than I remember! I think the oly egg-shaped product that hasn't changed size is a Kinder Egg, they are now very pricey though. Glad you can buy the little bars of the chocolate on their own.
      - Rik Mayall Fanpage On Facebook
      - My retro Youtube channel.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

Originally posted by the-peoples-poet View Post

Does anyone remember something called Vice Versas?
        Vice Versas have been mentioned many times on here. Do a search for them.
        Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Yorkie chocolate doesn't taste like it used to, I bought a bar last year and I thought it was very tasteless. Last time before that when I had one was when I was a teenager.
          Hi everyone my usual Friday after a few bevvies visit. Although I some what agree things seem to be getting rather bland. There's also another reason we are all getting older (well apart from me I am still 18 with a full head of hair and a washboard stomach "I Wish"). Our tatse buds have become desenstized to a lot over the years preeceeding the many of these sweets.

Don't get me wrong I am sure if we can find not just the front of these sweets but the actual back with the percentage of things like cocoa solids to whey powder I am sure the cocoa solids have gone down and the whey poweder up as it's cheaper. I will have to find some way (whey get the pun)? to see if there's some where where this info is held. I am sure there is.

s for the cream egg debarcle "Yes they have gone down in size" from small chicken to quail eggs

Comment

Whey-hey!

I still love Cadbury Caramel, but I think the caramel inside has got slightly thicker in texture to when I was little.

Also, the comment you made about our tastebude being desensitised, that is a very valid point. But according to the font of all wisdom, QI, apparently our tastebuds die off and we get new ones every so often, so would the new ones make us taste things differently?

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

Whey-hey!

I still love Cadbury Caramel, but I think the caramel inside has got slightly thicker in texture to when I was little.

Also, the comment you made about our tastebude being desensitised, that is a very valid point. But according to the font of all wisdom, QI, apparently our tastebuds die off and we get new ones every so often, so would the new ones make us taste things differently?
              True true but I still thing the taste buds are only part of the story as our brains process more and more info over the years. I am not saying it wears out or anything like that but like our perception of time as a kid 1 year is a life time but as we get older it seems to speed up. So goes with everything we experience the more we do the more we have to refernece it against and all that. Maybe not the tastebuds but the way we process the subtlties that is taste.

Comment

i must say i think it tastes as good as it ever did.

but like you say i think the caramel is a bit thicker.

Whey-hey!

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Cadbury's Gambit

Last edited by sixtyten; 03-09-2012, 22:04.

Comment

I use to love these Coolmints, I remember sucking them until they were almost transparent, a small hole would appear in the center, which yo could suck really cool air though if you balanced it between your teeth

Heather

Comment

I remember my Aunt having some sort of hard sweets, I think they may have been mints of some sort, not entirely sure, and the were mainly white with thinner green stripes. I think they may have been cube shaped. Anyone remember these?

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

Sounds Like Pacers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc5HcRN_2n4
                        (advert)
                        Heather

Comment

Yes, they do look familiar. Thanks!

Also, Galazy Counters. I know you can get them again now, but I am convinced (Perhaps wrongly) that they never used to look like they do now. I am sure they just used to be like Cadbury chocolate buttons only they were made from Galaxy chocolate instead. Am I right or wrong on this? It's somethng that has been bugging me for years!

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

Lots of pictures of galaxy counters on this thread https://forums.doyouremember.co.uk/t...light=counters
                            Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
                              I use to love these Coolmints, I remember sucking them until they were almost transparent, a small hole would appear in the center, which yo could suck really cool air though if you balanced it between your teeth
                              Haha, I used to do exactly the same thing, the air seemed so fresh.

Comment

Oh yes i sure remember doing that
                                i loved the feel of the air as it came through the hole.
                                it seemed so minty fresh.

[QUOTE=Heather74;172084]I use to love these Coolmints, I remember sucking them until they were almost transparent, a small hole would appear in the center, which yo could suck really cool air though if you balanced it between your teeth.
                                FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                                X