Kelloggs Two Shakes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelloggs Two Shakes?

Does any one remember "Kelloggs Two Shakes" it was a Milk Shake Mix around about the mid-late 70s which came in a twin sachet pack. Its TV advert centred around a cartoon featuring a young boy (looked a bit like Jamie from the Magic Torch if I remember right) and Noah's Ark and at the end two hyenas would burst out laughing which would crack me up everytime I saw the ad. I think the drink came in several flavours but I can definately remember rasberry because it was my favorite. If anyone has any advert material or knows where I could see the TV ads I would be very grateful

Re: Kelloggs Two Shakes?

I liked the raspberry one as well, but i preferred crusha's chocolate milk shake syrup.
    do you remember the powdered orange "rise and shine" that used to be included in the cornflakes sometimes as a promotion, It was awful tasting but very gimmicky.
    probably why i nagged my mum to death to get me some.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Remember the advert.
          WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

Is it me or does Buster look like Andy Capp? - same cartoonist, perhaps?

I guess that Monday 23rd April was 1979.
            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
            I'm having so much fun
            My lucky number's one
            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

The original premise is that he's Andy Capp's son.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buster...s)#Description

The title character, whose strip usually appeared on the front cover, was Buster himself. He was originally billed as Buster: Son of Andy Capp; Andy Capp is the lead character of the eponymous Daily Mirror newspaper strip, and Buster wore a similar flat cap to reinforce the connection. In early issues Buster often referred to his father, and Andy was seen in the comic (attempting to find a gas leak in three frames of the 18 June 1960 issue; shown in two drawn photographs in the 2 July issue that same year, the first of which was displayed by Buster's mum with the pronouncement, "It's a photo of Buster taken with Andy! You can see he's got his dad's fine straight nose"). Buster's mum was often referred to by name, and was consistently drawn to resemble Andy's wife Flo.

The connection with Andy Capp was gradually forgotten over time, and Andy no longer appeared in the strip by the mid-1960s.

Comment

Working...
              X