Vampire/Dracula Ice Lollies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vampire/Dracula Ice Lollies

Check these out... close as you're gonna get these days in the UK...

Available from Iceland

Comment

I was just going to say about these Dracula Lollies from Iceland, I did a post on my blog http://cobwebbedroom.blogspot.com/ I bought a couple of boxes from Iceland and these are pretty much the same as the original 'Dracula's Deadly Secret' ice-lollies from the 70's except that you don't get the blood red gooey stuff inside now, now its just strawberry flavour ice. Great to kind of re-live that 'Dracula's Deadly Secret' taste again though.

Comment

Working over the road from an Iceland..popping out to get some in a mo
        Only trouble is.. no freezer, so will have to eat the lot in one sitting

Comment

Experiment concluded

they are OK, but not that much like the 70's ones to my mind

Comment

Originally posted by sixtyten View Post
            I'd imagine there is no market for it.
            Look at the lollies they sell now.. a few of the old style ones, like Fab, but 95% are adult aimed stuff like Magnums now

the kid's lolly market is dead

sad
            Comics, fantastical TV shows and now ice lollies. All the good stuff has now taken over by the adults. It's like childhood now ends at about 6. Once you're too old for pre-school stuff it's all mobile phones and social networking!

Ok slightly over the top, but you know what I mean.

Comment

You must believe they are like the 70's ones, don't spoil the illusion Ha Ha[QUOTE=sixtyten;136747]Experiment concluded

they are OK, but not that much like the 70's ones to my mind

Comment

They are more like the 70's ones than the Spanish ones.
                Actually, they were nice, once they start to defrost a bit. the centre is nice and soft, but not like the jelly used to be.
                I'll buy them again

Comment

i was in a bargain food store in sussex last week and got all excited when in their freezer they had "dracula lollies" but they were cola flavoured ice with a (very cheap tasting) vanilla and strawberry ice cream in the centre i was most disapointed

Comment

Those pictures are wonderful,and the reviews of them are brilliant.I will buy a box and try them out.I will apply Sixtyten's crafty tactic of leaving them melt for a short while,then sink my teeth into the softer centre.

Comment

I bought a box of 6,and ate a couple.They are nothing like the one's i remember from the 70's.The one's i remember had a kind of Blackcurrant flavour outer shell,and the ice cream was very white and crisp,more similar to the ice cream in a good quality choc ice.We use to debate what the outer shell was.Was it Blackcurrant? Blackcurrant and strawberry? We could never figure it out,but one thing is for sure,it definately was not cola.

Comment

For some reason I used to think it was aniseed flavour.
                        Originally posted by moonvisage View Post
                        I bought a box of 6,and ate a couple.They are nothing like the one's i remember from the 70's.The one's i remember had a kind of Blackcurrant flavour outer shell,and the ice cream was very white and crisp,more similar to the ice cream in a good quality choc ice.We use to debate what the outer shell was.Was it Blackcurrant? Blackcurrant and strawberry? We could never figure it out,but one thing is for sure,it definately was not cola.

Comment

Heather

Comment

Comment

Working...
                            X