Vile Eastern European Chocolates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vile Eastern European Chocolates

Who remembers these boxed chocolates that you used to get on market stalls from the eastern european communist block? They usually looked very appealing on the cover of the box surrounded by lillies/roses with a pretty picture of Alpine meadows but they tasted vile! You could get three small boxes for a quid or an extra large box for a quid. The contents were mostly fondants covered in "chocolate" that had never seen a cocoa bean! I once bought a box for my mother and she nearly threw them at me!!

Re: Vile Eastern European Chocolates

Yes they were quite disgusting and all tasted the same whatever flavour that was!
    sigpic
    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Maybe we could start a thread on Eastern Block goods you don't see any more.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Belguim chocolate always tasted as bad to me.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't know about eastern European stuff, but any chocolate from down the market was always pretty bad. My nan used to get me dodgy easter eggs and fake smarties from the market. They were pretty yucky but edible if desperate.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

cooking chocolate tasted pretty naff too.Prefer galaxy.
            sigpic

Comment

you get rabbits made of a similar brown thing masquerading under the name chocolate at lidls or aldis im sure its just sugar,lard and gravy browning

Comment

I remember the smarties in most Pick & Mix never tasted as good as the normal ones.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                X