Boost Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boost Bars

Does anyone remember when you could get different types of Boosts? I think the brown packet were the peanut boosts, red were coconut and blue was biscuit. I miss the coconut boosts so much, wish they would bring them back...

Re: Boost Bars

What was the 'normal' boost? I remember when it first came out there was only one type but I can't remember what it was like. Maybe just caramel? Biscuit boost was the best. I think that one was around for longer than the others.
    1976 Vintage

Comment

om pretty sure it was the one with nuts.
      it was in a mainly blue coloured wrapper.

why not visit cadbutys website im sure it will tell you all.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boost_(chocolate)

also
        http://www.cadbury.co.uk/ourproducts...Yesterday.aspx
        Heather

Comment

this is what i found out.
          the first boost bar was boost coconut.
          with toasted coconut.
          it had a caramel centre.
          it started in 85 and finished in 94.
          it came in a red wrapper.
          coconut was written in white on a yellow backround.

the second one was boost peanut.
          started in 89 finished in 94.
          caramel and peanut bar covered in chocolate.

Comment

Ah, so the biscuit boost is still around, the peanut one has turned into a Starbar and the coconut one has gone to the big sweet shop in the sky.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

I remember the original Boost bars in their original packaging as shown on the Cadburys website link above. I didn't realise that Aztec bars were briefly re-released in 2000. I never saw one.
              "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

I loved the red coconut boosts...on a roadshow through work we went on a distribution show where they have stands with upcoming products from different companies..there was a cadbury one showing the latest boost...the metallic green wrapper (gurana) I mentioned why not cater for the retro market and re release the coconut one...they looked at me stupid and said they never heard of a coconut boost...needless to say i walked away from the stall muttering under my breath about stupid youths then thinking did i imagine a red boost...

The ones on offer now are just vile powder mush and biscuit..they should bring the peanut and coconut ones back for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroAEROSMITH View Post
                  I loved the red coconut boosts...on a roadshow through work we went on a distribution show where they have stands with upcoming products from different companies..there was a cadbury one showing the latest boost...the metallic green wrapper (gurana) I mentioned why not cater for the retro market and re release the coconut one...they looked at me stupid and said they never heard of a coconut boost...needless to say i walked away from the stall muttering under my breath about stupid youths then thinking did i imagine a red boost...

The ones on offer now are just vile powder mush and biscuit..they should bring the peanut and coconut ones back for sure.
                  ive not tried the boost bars you can get now.
                  dont think ill be bothering by what you say r.a.s

yes ive went into shops asking about old sweets and getting odd looks.

i remember a few yrs back going int a shop and asking for a terry's pyramint.
                  i got some odd looks.but being serious cadbury's and companies who made these old sweets could make a fortune of they srarted doing them again.
                  first of all we could have them again.
                  then the kids of today would also buy them.
                  Last edited by darren; 01-12-2010, 17:50.

Comment

I loved the biscuit boost and the coconut one. They started messing about with them and made them 'energy' bars! Not a good idea to me! The first biscuit boost was really nice! Me and my Dad loved them!
                    Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
                      I loved the biscuit boost and the coconut one. They started messing about with them and made them 'energy' bars! Not a good idea to me! The first biscuit boost was really nice! Me and my Dad loved them!
                      they where gorgeous.
                      i ate loads of them.
                      one was never enough,

yes the biscuit and the coconut ones where the best.

Comment

Dunno why these companies mess about with things and make them taste worse or just stop making them at all! Stupid really!
                        Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I remember coconut Boosts being really huge and tough, you really felt like you were getting value for money.

They stop selling them because people stop buying them. Once people stop buying them they are understandably reluctant to reintroduce them. They have to invest in the manufacturing process, do the marketing, distribution etc. It's perfectly understandable from a business point of view really.

Comment

Originally posted by RetroAEROSMITH View Post

That is exactly how I'd describe them now, but I'd add sickly in there too. I can't eat them now. I remember I couldn't get enough of them when the biscuit boost was released, then they went and added Glucose to the biscuit one and that ended it for me. I recently tried one again and couldn't finish it off.

Thanks for the history link Huggie....brought back memories. I remember Starbar before the days of Boost, never knew it was rebranded peanut Boost. Still love a Starbar now, although has quite a salty taste to it.

Comment

yeah boost bars come in a blue and white shiny packet now.

to be honest they never seem to sell and im in certain shops regular.

the peanut and coconut ones where just gorgeous.

Comment

Working...
                              X