Maclaren buggies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maclaren buggies

Who remembers getting pushed about in one of these? Basic metal frame, grey plastic foot strap, stripey plastic-weave seat - it was like a deck chair on wheels! Mine was red and white. See how many you can spot in this photo taken in Newcastle's main shopping centre in 1980

Click image for larger version

Name:	27248_384842146074_711621074_5392715_5649609_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	264195
    1976 Vintage

Re: Mclaren buggies

We had them, I remember the blue and white stripe and one with orange and white,My mum use to foster so we had a few knocking around.

I also had a toy one in blue and white as did my sister, we also had matching toy cots
    Heather

Comment

Re: Maclaren buggies

i remember them well.
      did these have any relation to the mclaren car company.
      always wondered this.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I had one when I was young, & My sister had one which nearly got lost because my Mum picked up the wrong one while we were at McDonalds & only realised a few minutes later.

Luckily ours was still there when we got back to it.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Had quite a few of these. They were a nuisance when you had to put the plastic covers over when it was wet or cold and the boys used to try and pull them off as your were trying so hard to put them on. I think they were far better than some of these really big heavy ones they have today.

Comment

I've often thought they'd be more practical than the huge buggies you see today, especially when I see mothers struggling onto public transport!

I can just remember the rain cover for my Maclaren buggy. It was red nylon and I think it only had an elasticated hole for my face to poke through! I longed to have a buggy with a transparent plastic rain cover.
            1976 Vintage

Comment

My sisters had a clear rain hood that covered the top front & sides. I can't remember if it needed to be detached to let the rest fold up fully.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
              X