No announcement yet.

Elastoplast (grab the first aid tin!!!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elastoplast (grab the first aid tin!!!)

Just seen this picture of a reel of 70's Elastoplast.

I'd forgotten it came on reels you cut to size yourself, my Nan was a chiropodist at one time and always had this in her first aid tin. This and great bid strips of plaster you cut to size.Very tricky if treating yourself.
    She always had a bottle of TCP and a small circle tin of Germolene in there too. Ahhh I can smell it now
    Heather

Re: Elastoplast (grab the first aid tin!!!)

I remember my parents having a reel, & the glue would take a couple of baths or some good swabbing with WD40 to remove.

My Mum used to occasionally make me & my brother gargle with diluted with TCP if we had a sore throat.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

We always had a tin of this in the cupboard.. looks more like the 60's version though

Comment

The second I saw the red reel tin memories of my Nan came to mind, so they must have still sold it like that when I was young. OR she'd had it in a very long time.

Yeah Richard I remember having the black sticky outline of a plaster on my leg even after a bath! they dont stick like that these days! I remember dreading my mum pulling off my old plasters as they were so stuck to the skin it hurt
        Heather

Comment

We had one of these in the first aid cabinet for donkey's years. It's the sort of thing that never seemed to run out. I had a friend who was very accident prone and would usually have a couple of plasters on each knee. She kept them on forever and had the glue marks forever too.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

when I was a small child I remember plasters came in flat tins
            Click image for larger version

Name:	plaster.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	8.0 KB
ID:	260072

Comment

Working...
            X