Stationery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stationery

Don't know about anyone else but I used to love getting stationery. It didn't matter if it was a bog standard A4 pad of lined paper with a pack of those red and yellow HB pencils or something more exotic. Some much coveted things I remember from my youth include:

The Bic 4 colours in one biro and a cheap variant with no less than 10 colours in one.
    pencils with a mini packet of four tiny pencils hanging from the end.
    A small stationery set that included mini things like scissors, tape measure, ruler, pencil etc in a little plastic case.
    pencil sharpeners of various designs.

come Christmas and birthdays there was always something of this persuasion among my goodies.
    1976 Vintage

Re: Stationery

when i was a child my dad was in the raf..........i remember so well sitting in his classroom drawing and colouring with raf pencils ...........beautiful colours encased in pale wood....sienna brown has always stuck in my head

Comment

I remember getting a list when I started high school, and was excited to go to Partners to buy my first school pencil case.
      One thing that was always on the list was a geometry set complete with compass, but I only ever remember us using it about twice!
      Other fav's were Tipp-Ex ( most girls painted thier nails with it at some point :/

I also had one of those jumbo pens with about 6 colour inks,you had to press down the colour you wanted.

Oh and the colouring pencils which had a rainbow of tip/ leads that you popped out and pushed the next colour down with.
      My description is rubbish rubbish, yet I know you'll all know exactly what I mean
      Heather

Comment

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post
        I remember getting a list when I started high school, and was excited to go to Partners to buy my first school pencil case.
        One thing that was always on the list was a geometry set complete with compass, but I only ever remember us using it about twice!
        Other fav's were Tipp-Ex ( most girls painted thier nails with it at some point :/

I also had one of those jumbo pens with about 6 colour inks,you had to press down the colour you wanted.

Oh and the colouring pencils which had a rainbow of tip/ leads that you popped out and pushed the next colour down with.
        My description is rubbish rubbish, yet I know you'll all know exactly what I mean
        as in pop 'o' points?

Comment

I know exactly what you mean . Pop a points indeed!

Parker pens were in fashion too. I got one from my uncle with my name engraved on it but I lost it then I got myself another and somebody stole it at school. I liked how they came with their own box but I do remember the ink being quite blotty for a ball point so they weren't great to write with.
          1976 Vintage

Comment

I had a great uncle+aunt who would visit just once a year at Xmas. I could always count on them for a 'posh' pen - Parker or Papermate. One year they got me a pen with a digital watch in it.

Comment

Originally posted by shilton dipper View Post
              when i was a child my dad was in the raf..........i remember so well sitting in his classroom drawing and colouring with raf pencils ...........beautiful colours encased in pale wood....sienna brown has always stuck in my head
              My mother has boxes of the things, I'd always wondered why, as my dad was in the RAF that would explain it!

Comment

I remember colour change felt tips were all the rage in 1985-6.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

a lot of these i remember.

i also used to get all the differenrt types of pencils some pencils where for specific uses i remember.
                  the pencils where different colours i think one had red and black stripes down its length HB i think it was, another had yellow and black stripes.

i then got that funny looking clear ruler but it was not straight it was like an oval shape.
                  im no better in y descriptions either.

and yes i had tipp ex i put it on my nails an odd time what a stench and it weakeed my nails i think.
                  and of course many different colours of bic pens as well ,black,blue,red etc

also had the different rubbers used to chew them and smell them.haha.

also had the compass as well.

Originally posted by Heather74 View Post

FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I had a Helix pencil case at primary school that was made of black plastic. It was in the shape of a computer keyboard and PCU and had a built-in eraser that was printed up to look like a tape drive. It even had a secret compartment built into the lid! I used to love primary school and starting the new term with all-new pencils, pens etc. Things changed when I was sent off to secondary school and I didn't give a rat's as to which stationery and materials we used as I hated the place with a passion.

Comment

I had one of those Helix calculator pencil case, as did a lot of others at my school.

The keyboard had the times tables on so had to be covered up when doing maths tests!

Helix had a few different stationary sets, I had the Oxford one one year, which came in a tin, & later the Torch set.

At secondary school I had a soft case with lots of formulae for shapes on one side, & some times tables (again!) on the other.

Some of these might be at my parents house still.

Some of these

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                        I remember colour change felt tips were all the rage in 1985-6.
                        i had forgotten about those. I had a set at one point. Didn't you have a white pen to write over to reveal the new colours? I seem to associate Rolf Harris with them too although I could be wrong. Perhaps that was some sort of paint set.
                        1976 Vintage

Comment

That's right, the set came with a pen that contained the colour changer, which could also be used as invisible ink.

There was also some pens that could change to 2 other colours.

Comment

I loved buying cute stationary items with my pocket money, like mini pencils, erasers, sharpeners etc - the Bobby & Kate range were my favourite, and I wish I'd kept them as they go for silly money now. I've recently bought some vintage Lemon & co cased erasers, t-shirt erasers and an unused Helix 'brick' phone pencil box with contents from ebay.

Loved buying smelly pop o pencils and felt pens - I remember them getting banned from our primary school - not sure why though. I've still got my hedgehog pencil holder and a red beetle car pencil holder - it's funny the things we hold on to!

Comment

I can clearly remember mum and dad buying most of my secondary school kit and moaning about the price of it all then commenting that I would probably never use half the stuff they had to buy and they were right especially when it came to the stationary set.I don't think I ever got to use more then a third of it at most.But it was certainly something new and exciting at that time to mess around with.What was left of mine got handed down to the next member of our family to use in secondary with a few new pieces thrown in.
                              Christmas was certainly a time when I got pens,especially those gimmicky pens which had a digital clock built into the end.I got a nice pen once....real bling of pens in a case and a top brand as well.I can remember unwrapping it on christmas day and my brother grabbing it out of my hands then a fight broke out between us.I had to let him have the pen then wait till he forgot about it till I could reclaim it and hide it from him.

Comment

Working...
                              X