• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald the Great
    replied
    Re: A trip down memory lane

Originally posted by staffslad View Post
    My cousin's next-door neighbour worked at our local cinema, so my cousin and I often got in for free when she was on duty. We also would stay in the cinema and watch the film twice if we liked it. I clearly recall going to see Diamonds are Forever with him and we liked it so much that we watched it again.
    Great story staffslad. Good to see you participating.
    Did you ever go to the drive in? My cousins had a drive in about 2km from their house. Everytime they had a show on and we were visiting.. us kids would plonk ourselves on an old wooden outdoor setting in their backyard and watch the show free.. minus sound of course. Great days growing up. They pulled down the drive in about a decade ago to build apartment blocks.

Leave a comment:

• staffslad
    replied

My cousin's next-door neighbour worked at our local cinema, so my cousin and I often got in for free when she was on duty. We also would stay in the cinema and watch the film twice if we liked it. I clearly recall going to see Diamonds are Forever with him and we liked it so much that we watched it again.

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

Originally posted by tex View Post
    Yeah but we called them bogeys and they had much bigger wheels, great fun and plenty of cut knees and elbows, no brakes so you you would jam your foot into the road to stop.
    bogeys? I made one, rather my father did, using my old pram wheels (large) but most kids used the smaller wheels. Yes plenty of grazed knees. Wonder we did not kill ourselves. What other hobbies did you have tex?

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Yeah but we called them bogeys and they had much bigger wheels, great fun and plenty of cut knees and elbows, no brakes so you you would jam your foot into the road to stop.

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

Anyone ever do this? Billy cart racing. It was an everyday fun thing to do in the back streets of Sydney when I was growing up.

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

First trip to the cinema i guess i was around 8-9 years old, went to "The carlton" in Manchester to see battle of the bulge with my mam, only thing i remember was the kia-ora and ice cream tub. Never watched the film since but i think it may of starred Telly savalas?

Leave a comment:

• tex
    replied

Never got further than high school and had no desire to do so, i hated school and could'nt wait to leave and get a job and earn some cash for sherbert and comics

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

Where were you educated DYRers?

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

This is my old school today. A wedding reception venue.

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

Lets take our TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE further by talking about other things we saw, did, ate, drunk, collected in our formative years between the 70-90s. For instance where were you educated? I was forced into a boarding school when my father passed. I was still 6 and I was to spend 10 long, lonely years at this Mason-run draconian establishment. I just happen to have a video of my school which shock/horror I found online. Must have been a promotion vid at the time. Sorry about the poor quality.

https://youtu.be/SWiQA0OvKX8

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

[QUOTE=Nuggy14;224511]
    Originally posted by Donald the Great View Post

I'll have a look later! I don't like your new avatar Donny , he's unrecognisable
    That is what made him such a fine actor. His chameleon characteristics. My new avatar is Donald in 1967 film Night of the Generals as General Klaus Kahlenberge. Sieg Heil!!!

Leave a comment:

• Danniella
    replied

[QUOTE=Donald the Great;224509]
    You may find my School Days and Fashions posts interesting too Nugs.

A mean looking Donald as my new avatar. Not sure what film it is from. staffslad may know off top of head.
    I'll have a look later! I don't like your new avatar Donny , he's unrecognisable

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

[QUOTE=Donald the Great;224508]You may find my School Days and Fashions posts interesting too Nugs.

A mean looking Donald as my new avatar. Not sure what film it is from. staffslad may know off top of head.

Leave a comment:

• Donald the Great
    replied

Originally posted by Nuggy14 View Post
    Yeah i do like to read the early posts
    You may find my School Days and Fashions posts interesting too Nugs.

Leave a comment:

• Danniella
    replied

Nugs you responded to my very early posts. So pleased. They were tasty as I recall and kinda fun to suck.
    Yeah i do like to read the early posts

Leave a comment:

Working...
X