My Dad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My Dad

Hope no one minds this post, but my dad bless him passed away 5 years ago today,I was five months pregnant with my son at the time and had had a scan two days before,so dad knew I was having a boy, to add to my daughter, this post is not meant to bring anyone down,he was a great man and I miss him every day, So thanks Dad for all you did for us,No one could have done or been better.
    Here's to Barry Manilow,the songs on the now 1984 C.D, Butlins Holidays, runs out in the car, All the good advice, In fact all the things that made you, you.

Anyone can be a father, but it takes a great man to be a Dad.
    Last edited by Heather74; 06-04-2007, 17:20.
    Heather

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
      Hope no one minds this post, but my dad bless him passed away 5 years ago today,I was five months pregnant with my son at the time and had had a scan two days before,so dad knew I was having a boy, to add to my daughter, this post is not meant to bring anyone down,he was a great man and I miss him every day, So thanks Dad for all you did for us,No one could have done or been better.
      Here's to Barry Manilow,the songs on the now 1984 C.D, Butlins Holidays, runs out in the car, All the good advice, In fact all the things that made you, you.

Anyone can be a father, but it takes a great man to be a Dad.
      Awww, sorry to hear that you've lost your Dad - I can't imagine life without my parents - You were born the same year as me judging by your username - nearly lost my Dad in 2000 from prostate cancer but luckily (touch wood) he's fine now. The memories will always be inside you though and he'll always be with you in that way

Comment

Grab each day, indeed. I lost my Dad to cancer two years ago last November and then my Mum almost exactly a year later and I guess a large part of me being on a board like this is that it takes me back to a time when they were both well and we were all together.

Comment

Its nice to see it wasnt just my dad who tried to poison us over the years lol.. My dad used to work for McVities and would bring home huge slabs of solid chocolate. he would melt it down and mix in nuts and raisins lol..

When Homepride first brought out their curry sauce in a tin he took to making cornbeef curry !! Still cant look at a time of Fray Bentos without thinking of dad lol..

Lainey
          Leopopause
          The time in a lady's life when she is suddenly drawn to wearing leopard print. Pre-leopopausal women think leopard print tops are slightly tacky no matter what the fashion du jour, while the post-leopopausal believe they add a touch of African mystique to any outfit.

Comment

Working...
          X