Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Staying up late.

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
    Did Butins have a Pig & Whistle at all their sites, I remember the Minehead having a pub of that name in 1985.
    Pig & Whislte Bar in full flow at Butlins Minehead ... I imagine this was the 70's by the clothes !

When I Was Good No One Remembered, When I Was Bad No One Forgot

Comment

Just had a quick search and yes all Bultins camps had Pig and Whistle Bars. Some post cards say Ye Olde Pig and Whistle.

Cant find a Post Card for Filey but plenty of mention of it
      Heather

Comment

Clacton Pig & Whistle

Comment

Bognor

Comment

I can't remember Pig and Whistle at Filey, when I went it was the Beachcomber Bar, so it must have been Pig and Whistle earlier.

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
            Just had a quick search and yes all Bultins camps had Pig and Whistle Bars. Some post cards say Ye Olde Pig and Whistle.

Cant find a Post Card for Filey but plenty of mention of it
            Yeah I've seen it mentioned too, just I didn't remember it, so it must have been before my time
            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

There were several times I was allowed to stay up late.

Fridays and Saturdays I was allowed to stay up later than usual.

If there was a specific program on that came on I was occasionally allowed to stay up and watch it. I was to go to bed as soon as the credits had started though.

School holidays I was allowed to stay up.

While on holidays away from home I was allowed to stay up a lot later than usual, even against the usual threshold.

When we had guests over I was allowed to stay up longer than usual. Sometimes we'd go visiting other family members and I'd be up after my usual bedtime.

The biggest ones were calender specific special events. We'd have family over for a small party at which they would leave after 12 midnight, but as a family we'd stay up way into the small hours. I remember one Christmas we actually stayed up until 5am. I don't know how I managed it. In fact, the weeks between Christmas and New Years always had us up into the small hours dependant on who got what time off.

I am more of a night owl person myself, I think I operate a lot better either in the early morning or late at night. Afternoons just sap me.

Comment

I remember being allowed to stay up a bit later on Saturday nights, & sometimes in the holidays if we had visitors.

When I was allowed to stay up to midnight on new year's eve it felt like a big deal.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

When I was wee, about 7/8 my bedtime was 8pm school nights but 9pm fri/sat. I remember that because Londons burning would start at 9pm and my watched it on a Sunday night.

However by 10/11 I didn't have a bedtime as long as I was in my room by 10pm on a school night.

Comment

Working...
                  X