Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Retro packaging- your favourite designs

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
    IMO everything was better back then, especially Ice lolly,sweet,chocolate,crisp wrappers/packets which were aimed to catch a childs eye

Example : Galaxy counters in our day... lovely bright cartoon type characters. now... something more aimed at a ladies night in watching tv,drinking wine and eating Galaxy Counters lol

Ice Lolly character packaging seems almost nonexistent
    indeed.
    its like cpmpanies have no imagination when it comes do designing packaging.
    as i was born in the mid seventies packaging has changed and for the worse.

packaging has got far worse and why is this.
    packaging is supposed to be eye catching.
    packaging in so many ways can sway a kid like it did with me to try things.
    yes the sweets have to be nice for a kid to eat them.
    but if the packaging is boring they wont bother.
    anyone remember the classy packaging for the lolly the green frog i think it was.
    i do remember the lolly was a frog.
    not a real frog thankfully.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by n3llyo View Post
      i used to like the tango tins that had slices of oranges all over them
      Yes, I remember being disappointed when they changed it to that horrible garish design - in the days when I used to drink Tango.

And I liked the simplicity of the blue and red Pepsi design - remember when their slogan was 'Come alive with Pepsi'?
      The present is a foreign country. They do things differently here.

Comment

Originally posted by n3llyo View Post
        i used to like the tango tins that had slices of oranges all over them
        When i started reading this thread I also immediately thought of a can of tango

sigpic

Comment

Remember the washing powder in the 80's called Radion? Bright orange packaging?
          Wonder what happened to that brand?

On the subject of packaging, The logo on sugar always just looked like random shapes of diamonds and squares to me and had me wondering what it meant
          It was only a year or two ago I realised it is actually "tate" written on top of "lyle"!! Doh !!

A friend of mine reckons the picture in the "M" of the mothercare logo is not in fact a child, but something a bit more rude. . Google it and see what you think

Comment

LOL Buzz, I'd have never of noticed if I wasn't looking for it, but yes it does look a bit rude
            Heather

Comment

My Mum though the "NY" logo used by the New York Yankees was a Chinese character.
              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by kazboot View Post

Does anyone remember a washing powder packet that was shiny aqua green coloured? It was probably 80s. I really liked that, but can't think of the brand.
                Well it's only taken me 5 months to remember it was Biotex that I was thinking of
                I did like the Radion orange packet too.
                sigpic
                'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I liked lucozade when it came in a glass bottle with the orange cellophane around it.
                  1976 Vintage

Comment

i liked the wrapper that used to be around the old jamaica rum and raisin chocolate bar when i was a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                      I liked lucozade when it came in a glass bottle with the orange cellophane around it.
                      Ariel hasn't really changed its smell has it? The powder I mean. I remember the blue spirograph logo on the front meant hand wash and green was for washing machines - a fancy luxury back then! Then came the merged box with blue and green and it all went wrong....

Lucozade with the orange cellophane makes me remember when I was ill as a child - you'd always be given the stuff 'to make you better', it was more medicinal back then, now its an 'energy drink for sports'....I only ever drank the original version when I was ill. I remember the glass bottle with blobs on it and the metal lid top under the cellophane - I even remember the smell of the cellophane...

We've chatted about packaging before and its never boring on here to repeat it, but everyones right, everything looked better 'back then'.

Comment

Originally posted by sf1378 View Post
                        Ariel hasn't really changed its smell has it? The powder I mean. I remember the blue spirograph logo on the front meant hand wash and green was for washing machines - a fancy luxury back then! Then came the merged box with blue and green and it all went wrong....

Lucozade with the orange cellophane makes me remember when I was ill as a child - you'd always be given the stuff 'to make you better', it was more medicinal back then, now its an 'energy drink for sports'....I only ever drank the original version when I was ill. I remember the glass bottle with blobs on it and the metal lid top under the cellophane - I even remember the smell of the cellophane...

We've chatted about packaging before and its never boring on here to repeat it, but everyones right, everything looked better 'back then'.
                        everything sure did look better and taste better.

one of my faves was the packaging for jamaixa ginger cake.
                        in fact i think its the same as it always was.

jelly tots was a favourite as well.
                        do they still exist.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

If anyone remembers when Iceland bought up Bejam, didn't they also think Bejam food tasted miles better than Iceland stuff, even though their stores looked run down? Well the Reading one was...I still think Beef Burgers from Birds Eye and Lamb Grills from Ross with chips and marrow fat peas was lush back in the 1980s....

Comment

Dr.Pepper bottle with the polystyrene label.
                            Always used to scratch my name in it for some reason.

Comment

I liked the logo on the old (70s and early 80s) Golden Wonder crisps, and the little cartoon mascot (man with the hat on eating a bag of crisps).

The packaging is so bland now, but I think the GW crisps are still very good.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Do Golden Wonder still make their Pot Snack? They sadly sold off Pot Noodle to Walkers I think but later, naturally regretted it...

Comment

Working...
                                X