Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1983

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
    1983 must have had some bad juju because it was rotten year for me too.
    The end of 1983 for me saw what started out as simple visit to the dentist ending up with being admitted to hospital in January of 1984 with a tumor on my jaw: 7 hours in surgery in later, I'd had a whole section of jaw removed and replaced with a piece taken from my hip. At 17 years old at the time, going into hospital for that was the most terrifying experience of my life.

Comment

Dennis Nilsen was arrested after human remains where found blocking drains at his London home in Feb 1983.

Comment

Manchester Utd win FA cup 4-0 in a replay with Brighton, who nearly won the 2st game in extra time but were jinxed it by the quote "and Smith must score", & missed.

Korean Airlines Flight 007 is shot down after straying into Soviet airspace.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I left school and grew up. Went from school to nightclubs in about 4 month.

Musically 83, merges very much with 82 for me.

Comment

Went to see Octopussy in the cinema

Comment

It was the first year I have actual memories of - birthdays, Christmas etc. I started Infant School in September 1983 after being in the nursery department the previous year.

It was also the same year that my old constituency got a Conservative MP (and kept him until 1992).

I wouldn't mind going back to that year - Tracey Ullman in the charts; celebrity Thatcherites (too many to mention) gracing their derrieres on the infamous beige TV-am sofa (mostly because Michael Foot was regarded by many as a communist); Sesame Street misleading me into pronouncing the final letter of the alphabet incorrectly...

Perhaps George Orwell should have gone a year earlier for the title of his novel in order to match the OP's opening gambit?
              I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
              There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
              X