school uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: school uniforms

mine was black trousers, white shirt, blue jumper (black jumper allowed in 5th year), blue & gold-striped tie
    sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Never had one in junior school and the official version in the letter we got before starting secondary school was black trousers, light blue shirt and royal blue or navy v neck, pe kit of black plimsoles, black shorts, white t shirt. The reality when I got there was pretty much anything goes.

I remember going in wearing a navy blue fred perry, black slazenger jumper, black jumbo cords and trainers.
      "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

All my school uniforms at Infants, Junior and Senior schools were bottle (yukky) green!!! Oh how I hate that colour.
        sigpic
        'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Guess you would have preferred purple....
          "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Originally posted by stevef View Post
            Guess you would have preferred purple....
            How did you guess my fave colour!?
            sigpic
            'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Just a wild stab in the dark lol
              "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

mines from the early 80s but ...

I'm probably the only person in the world that loves school uniforms and thinks everyone should have to wear them!! I loved our blue and white gingham dresses for summer best!
                Last edited by britishbaby; 27-05-2009, 00:56.

Comment

Our school uniform was black or grey trousers/skirt and a sky-blue shirt/blouse. The tie was two tones of blue going in diagonal stripes. I hated school uniform. Also, our school was quite sexist; it allowed girls to come to school in summer dresses during the hot weather but the lads still had to sweat away wearing ties. The headmaster did say that the lads could come in summer dresses too - I was up for it but my mates wouldn't do it so that was that.
                  Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

My primary uniform (80's) was navy blue skirt, white shirt, tie and black thick wool blazer and blue gingham dress in the summer. The blazer eventually was replaced with a navy blue jersey sweatshirt with a large school emblem on it.

Secondary school (late 80's/early 90's) was black/blue skirt, white shirt, tie and blazer - which got phased out too, but has recently been re-established this year.

There always seems to be a craze of wearing your uniform a certain way. Alot of kids in our school would wear their ties as short as possible like a mini-tie and tuck the long bit inside their shirt (I won't admit to this as I thought it looked daft!). Have noticed the kids today wear the neck part as long as possible so the knot is away down at their waist.

In 1st/2nd year the girls would roll their skirts up at the waist to make them into mini-skirts, I used to roll mine back down when I walked up the side of our house before going in. My Mum surely must have seen me walking up the path.

Comment

First year: Bottle green polyester jumper from Littlewoods, sensible white blouse, bottle green, black or grey skirt on the knee, yellow and green stripey tie fastened the correct way, black shoes, knee length white patterned socks left over from primary school, deliberately half rolled down legs like Nora Batty (we thought this was cool).

Second year: Much the same except shoes being swapped for trainers and nasty jumpers ditched in favour of big green sloppy joe cardies. Long socks slowly being replaced by white ankle socks through natural wear out.

Third year: Strictly no jumpers or cardies unless you want to be laughed out of the school. Long black slinky skirt with front pleats or BLACK TROUSERS (they brought the rule in that girls could wear trousers this year). Big white Pepe shirt half pulled out for maximum baggyness. No socks. Tie now tied with the fat bit very short and the thin bit tucked inside the blouse. Trainers all the way and the whole lot topped off with a shell suit jacket and wet look perm and most likely some gold jewellery eg belcher chain with coffee bean/ hologram/ T-bar charm.

Fourth year: No more skirts. Kickers or trainers only. Tie now tied with the thin bit out and the fat bit tucked in.

Fifth year: Some dared to go back to skirts with - shock horror - black tights! but they got laughed at. Everybody else wore trousers. Fat AND thin bit of tie now tucked into baggy shirt so only the knot is showing.
                      1976 Vintage

Comment

secondary school.
                        uniform black trousers with blur blazer and a yellowand purple striped tie.
                        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Black trouser, black shoes, white shirt, green black and white tie and a black v-neck jump with the school logo and its motto "Nec sperno, nec timeo".

Comment

This is the current school uniform list, it seems about the same as in my day. In the 6th form we were allowed to wear a purple jumper and have red braiding on our blazers to show our status as senior members of the school and prefects.

Boys:
                            • Black School blazer with badge
                            • White shirt to be worn with school tie*
                            • Black formal style trousers
                            • Grey V-necked pullover or cardigan (optional)
                            • White, grey or black plain socks
                            • Black shoes or boots – no trainers
                            • Apron for practical purposes

Girls:
                            • Black school blazer with badge
                            • White formal blouse with gold embroidered rered collar (available from **Trutex Direct or Parkins Outfitters) or a white shirt worn with a school tie*
                            • Black formal style trousers (not low-rise, baggy or flared or jeans style)
                            • Black skirt, straight or A-line and of reasonable length
                            • Grey V-necked pullover or cardigan (optional)
                            • White, grey or black socks or natural, grey or black tights
                            • Black shoes or boots – no trainers
                            • Apron for practical purposes
                            • Belts (plain black, not fashion belts)
                            The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

My middle school was,

Black shoes, black or grey trousers, grey or black socks, grey or black jumper, light blue or grey or white shirt, optional black blazer and burgundy tie.

Secondary school was

black shoes, black or grey trousers, black blazer with the school badge, grey jumper, white or blue shirt and an awful black and yellow tie.

Comment

My secondary school uniform was the standard "Gymn Slip" with white blouse and navy blue knickers and black shoes. The gymn slips had box pleats which were a devil to iron. I'll look for a photo and post it when I find it.

Comment

Working...
                                X