school uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: school uniforms

we wore a navy blazer with a school badge on the breast pocket white shirt (it had to be ironed and crease free or you got a detention) black trousers (neatly pressed or detention) black socks (any other colour detention) and black shoes(if here was a visible tone of any other colour you got a detention)
    we all thought we were rebelling against the system by doing our ties up the wrong way round so the narrow end was at the front but funny enough we never got a detention for doing that

Comment

Originally posted by n3llyo View Post
      we wore a navy blazer with a school badge on the breast pocket white shirt (it had to be ironed and crease free or you got a detention) black trousers (neatly pressed or detention) black socks (any other colour detention) and black shoes(if here was a visible tone of any other colour you got a detention)
      we all thought we were rebelling against the system by doing our ties up the wrong way round so the narrow end was at the front but funny enough we never got a detention for doing that

Great though having your Tie like this though was'nt it n3llyo?

I doubt this, regards the poster who said they reckon they are the only one who loves School Uniform!

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
      Fourth year: No more skirts. Kickers or trainers only. Tie now tied with the thin bit out and the fat bit tucked in.

Fifth year: Some dared to go back to skirts with - shock horror - black tights! but they got laughed at. Everybody else wore trousers. Fat AND thin bit of tie now tucked into baggy shirt so only the knot is showing.

We was wearing our Ties thin in the 1st Year ... if truth be known Lol! The first few day's to boot too!

What about everyone else, what else did you wear (like say Trainers/Trakkie Bottoms) or anything else non-uniform for School?!

Comment

my secondary school uniform was as best i can remember the following

blue blazer
        white shirt
        blue v neck jumper optional.
        blue and yellow horizontal striped tie.
        black trousers.
        black shoes.
        no trainers.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
          my secondary school uniform was as best i can remember the following

blue blazer
          white shirt
          blue v neck jumper optional.
          blue and yellow horizontal striped tie.
          black trousers.
          black shoes.
          no trainers.

My first Secondary School's one was similar Darren, though the tie colours werre different I think, but at my 2nd one we had a Jumper with a badge on that acted as a Blazer, which meant in essence (as at my first Secondary, a Shirt and Jumper or just Shirt and Blazer were ok), it was'nt ok at my 2nd at least until the Summer Months (and June at that I think) too.

Comment

ah i see mate.
            quite similar to mione indeed.
            as best i can remember.
            at my last school my blazer was black with school emblem..
            black trousers/grey trousers.
            yellow and red tie.
            red and yellow going across the tie horizontally i think.
            white shirt
            black shoes.

god i miss school.

Comment

ah i see mate.
              quite similar to mione indeed.
              as best i can remember.
              at my last school my blazer was black with school emblem..
              black trousers/grey trousers.
              yellow and red tie.
              red and yellow going across the tie horizontally i think.
              white shirt
              black shoes.

god i miss school.
              Likewise Darren. Was I alone regards Uniform, that we had to wear a 6th Form Uniform, this was a Burgedny Jumper as opposed to a Navy one with Shirt eg. I think at one time as oposed to years later this was either that a School had one or not.

Comment

a sixth form uniform very strange.

so what you mean is you had to wear a particular uniform depending on which year you where.
                well if irts the case thats very odd.

never happened to me.

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                Likewise Darren. Was I alone regards Uniform, that we had to wear a 6th Form Uniform, this was a Burgedny Jumper as opposed to a Navy one with Shirt eg. I think at one time as oposed to years later this was either that a School had one or not.

Comment

a sixth form uniform very strange.

so what you mean is you had to wear a particular uniform depending on which year you where.
                  well if irts the case thats very odd.

never happened to me.
                  Par the Jumper - I guess this is the best way to describe it Darren. Though in a way the Head at the time was one who really liked thing's done his way regardless of what the say the Govenours/Parents thought and ran the School, like it was his own Car Showroom or something, which he did for everything School-wise, but he never say tried to alter other Uniform for 6th Form, strangly though he had unusual ideas on other Shool matters. Though he was a decent chap at heart from what I can gather, but you'd not want to annoy him etc at all which I knew from how others' talked of him.

I recall once in Year 9 i'd took my Jumper off in (must've been June easy) before he announced Jumper's did'nt have to be worn and someone said as good as he'll gone mad if he see's you with no Jumper on" What funny ideas he sure had!
                  Last edited by 80sChav; 15-03-2012, 19:07.

Comment

Infant school, grey trousers, shirt and jumper, red tie. Had to hand over my tie aged about 8 for someone else to have their school foto taken, never got it back, got wrong off my mam, hated ties ever since and try everything to get out of wearing them.

Middle school and high school, Black trousers, light ble shirt, royal or navy blue jumper, supposed to wear tie of light blue/dark blue diagonals, didn't though, see above. By the time we hit 14 the school uniform had died off and nobody bothered.

Comment

I attended a private school from kindergarten through part of second grade where we had a military-style uniform which consisted of gray shirt and trousers (the girls wore a blue or gray dress), shoes of our own preference, red tie and gray overseas cap with blue piping and school logo. The last two items were worn on Fridays when we had inspection! The shirt could also have blue and gold stars and "officer" rank (subaltern and lieutenant). All of these were awarded for outstanding achievement and citizenship. I think I earned a star or two but I never made rank -- LOL.

These aren't my class pictures but they are from my old school. Here you can see the uniform we wore.

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
                        I attended a private school from kindergarten through part of second grade where we had a military-style uniform which consisted of gray shirt and trousers (the girls wore a blue or gray dress), shoes of our own preference, red tie and gray overseas cap with blue piping and school logo. The last two items were worn on Fridays when we had inspection! The shirt could also have blue and gold stars and "officer" rank (subaltern and lieutenant). All of these were awarded for outstanding achievement and citizenship. I think I earned a star or two but I never made rank -- LOL.

These aren't my class pictures but they are from my old school. Here you can see the uniform we wore.

Was the school on Tracy Island ?

Comment

Originally posted by havasack View Post
                          Infant school, grey trousers, shirt and jumper, red tie. Had to hand over my tie aged about 8 for someone else to have their school foto taken, never got it back, got wrong off my mam, hated ties ever since and try everything to get out of wearing them
                          I never had a Uniform at Primary School - did any other members? I do recall though that they tried without luck into pushing us into buying V Neck Jumpers withy the School's Name on as in varying colours, why I don't know - but probably some half attempt at a half attempt of a Uniform standardisation if this makes sense (say just the Jumper) if nothing else! It amy of been fopr Parents Evening or similar after-School Events I sense thinking about it!

I know that this happend to a few few other School's through friends Havasack about what you say about your tie (I think that the incident with Trevor on Grange Hill loaning Vince's tie caused these kind of incidents in a way), created Kids to act in such a manner/way. I am sorry to know the School obviously had so little respect for you and your Mu in this way by even thinking of letting the other Kid borrow your tie. Sadly it is always the Good Guy's who suffer like this.

Comment

oh i sure had a uniform at primary school.
                            actually di find it strange not having a uniform for primary school.

as best i can remember.
                            grey trousers
                            black shoes
                            grey and or white shirt.

Comment

We had a uniform at primary but wasn't compulsory until 1996, after dunblane. But I went to high school then and again uniform was required.

Comment

oh i sure had a uniform at primary school.
                                actually di find it strange not having a uniform for primary school.

as best i can remember.
                                grey trousers
                                black shoes
                                grey and or white shirt.
                                I am starting to wonder if that my Primary was one of of not many ever to of had a Primary School Uniform, I am really suprised at this on reflection. Though I do think that the School tried to push for a Uniform or " a Uniform of sorts" but it never happened. It is odd why there was no Uniform at my Primary I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X