No announcement yet.

school uniforms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some school unforms were passed on to other families with younger children going to the same school.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

• Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
      Some school uniforms were passed on to other families with younger children going to the same school.
      Makes sense because no other school would have the same uniform, but I bet a mile off that others could see that they weren't brand new - ironic that uniform makes people equal and so one would think that it wouldn't happen.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

• What (which) was members Greatest Love of "Uniform Regulation Bashing"??? If you are Female was you like Trisha Yates and Justine Dean from GH, or if you was Male - what was it!!

Yeah admitted i occasionaly did Trainers but not much, but prob due to the fact i was'nt interested in Trainers back then (or really could afford good ones), so it fell to doing Polos all day ... if possible - like in Mock exams Week - I got a away with it all week until the Thurs until I gave the excuse we had not Washing Machine and then School tried to help out with Laundry or something. Other than that it was doing our Ties thin side-out (though this was no-where near as prevelent/relevant at my 2nd High School), un-like on Grange hill it's popularity was still Sky-High in Series 15 of 1992 9though I know my 2nd Secondary was no-where near as a lax as GH)

Going back to the Polo though was immense in my "Mocks Week|" especially in H.E (Domestic Sceience) whatever you want to term it, though I can understand why others would'nt do it after PE being all sweaty - but as anyWhite T was ok and allowed for PE, we combatted that with wearing an un-collared one and then you have a perfect excuse that you have no un-collared one and why you used the Polo as a shirt (provided you was'nt too sweaty) after!! All very Alpha in the Grand Scheme of things .... think Freddie from Grange hill again Lol!!

80sChav

Comment

• Trisha and Justine looked great in their uniforms, and ironically, Justine looked more grown up in hers! Probably because the class of 1988 was more liberalised and grown up than the class of 1978.

Boys' school uniform sans school badge looked like an adult man's business suit only for a smaller person, and so I suppose that boys wouldn't have much to say about it - when they left school and gone to university, etc, they probably would have become successful in life such as become a businessman, an MP or a Chief Executive where they would have had to wear something that resembles a blazer or jacket, trousers and tie anyway. A woman in the same situation would not have worn something that resembled a girls' school uniform for obvious reasons - the fact of the matter is that females change more between childhood and adulthood than males do and that is more than apparent in this instance.

I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

• I still have my primary school tie 42 years on

Comment

• Originally posted by ericthecavalier View Post
              I still have my primary school tie 42 years on
              And you never got round to burning it? (which seemed to be a tradition on the last day of school).
              I'm having so much fun
              My lucky number's one
              Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

• Originally posted by George 1978 View Post

And you never got round to burning it? (which seemed to be a tradition on the last day of school).
                I would never burn any of mine tbh - even though it was a Symbol of all the abuse I suffered through bullying (at least with the Tie) we had "way to express ourselves", which many Kids can not have 2day due to pC Culture and inventing/enforcing Clip-Ons as the norm more often than not. Thankfully I mean - even if I Could'nt beat the Bullies i joined them in copying them doing my Tie thin side-out ..... they'll never have tha one over me (that even though they did bully me) that they'd not prevent me doing that/deny me acsess to that "Club" - I know Darren on here feels similar (and rightly so to anybody in such a Boat I'd say)

As well though we never had the "Burning Tradition", but just after I left it became the norm to Nutmegg and occasionally cut the younger years Tie's the last week/last day!!!

Comment

• I read over the weekend about some schoolboy who wore his sister's skirt to school because of the hot weather and the fact that boys could only wear trousers which in this instance, was too hot in order to wear them (talk about hot pants!) Shorts were not permitted either (to be honest, I would rather wear trousers rather than shorts in any case, even in hot weather). The irony was that this was in Scotland where the kilt has been traditional for centuries, although not as part of school uniform!

Surely, that sort of thing didn't go on in our day, did it?
                  I'm having so much fun
                  My lucky number's one
                  Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

• Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                    I read over the weekend about some schoolboy who wore his sister's skirt to school because of the hot weather and the fact that boys could only wear trousers which in this instance, was too hot in order to wear them (talk about hot pants!) Shorts were not permitted either (to be honest, I would rather wear trousers rather than shorts in any case, even in hot weather). The irony was that this was in Scotland where the kilt has been traditional for centuries, although not as part of school uniform!

Surely, that sort of thing didn't go on in our day, did it?
                    Not to School itself, George mate .... but look at what the 3rd Years did in Grange Hill in 1987 when they deliberatly went against the School Handbook and wore White Skirts for Cricket that was meant to be Shirts instead

Though Re;, Scotland I really thought Tartan Skirts was popular as uniform these Days as well as in England to be honest

80schav
                    Last edited by 80sChav; 4 days ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X