Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Biology lessons at school

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • amethyst
    replied
    Re: Biology lessons at school

    This subject I was not keen on at all.I found it much harder than Science which was more interesting in my eyes

    Leave a comment:


  • darren
    replied
    Re: Biology lessons at school

    Biology lessons where something we never really did.
    Think the schools i went to where embarrassed to teach it.

    Its something that should have been taught i felt just as important if not more important than some subjects.

    Leave a comment:


  • havasack
    replied
    Re: Biology lessons at school

    Originally posted by willpurry View Post
    We got a video of a cartoon clockwork man chasing a clockwork woman.
    youdrawn ?


    anyway my wife works in a school and when they give the talk they break the ice by saying "right then lets get all the gigling out the way so lets have all your names for a mans bits" writes them on the board then a womans bits.............it took 40mins last time!

    Leave a comment:


  • Richard1978
    replied
    Re: Biology lessons at school

    Originally posted by sf1378 View Post

    Richard1978 (I've just realised we may be the same age then if thats your birth date) - did you mean the kids were doing 'Hell - Lowwwww' impressions like the legendary Leslie Phillips?
    It was quite defferent a deepish "hell-oww" that made us laugh.

    Leave a comment:


  • darren
    replied
    Re: Biology lessons at school

    never had to do disections either chav mate.

    never did any through my school life.

    i had a strong stomach so id have been ok to do it.




    Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
    At primary school, we never had any Science Lessons. It was quite similar at Secondary too, though we had Science it was " a bit of every Sceince", so Biology or Physics etc would of all been very basic if at all! and nothing that we could easily learn too. I hated all Sceince's back then - which I guess in turn made me (as I still do believe today), not to believe in Sceince of any type/kind.

    I guess I was lucky I got away with missiing so much of it - with changing School's too, though my 2nd Form Tutor was a Sceince Teacher, but he never ever tried to push us to like it which I have an hunch many might of abd do too possibly!

    80sChav

    Leave a comment:


  • branny
    replied
    Re: Biology lessons at school

    Our biology teacher was gorgeous. Long auburn hair and brown eyes. She was from the merseyside area but didn't have a strong accent. She was strict but definately one of the best looking teachers in the school.

    Leave a comment:


  • Guest's Avatar
    Guest replied
    Re: Biology lessons at school

    Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
    we had a dotty old English teacher, and we all would shine the sunlight off our digital ( ) watches across onto her as she read aloud from a book

    Physics was best for me....teacher was sooo funny, always playing practical jokes/taking mick out of the 'odder' kids ...sending kids for 'long weights' etc . He also was into model aircraft & sold kits from his stock room!
    Your Physics teacher sounds funny. Think its a bit off him making fun of the 'odder' kids though. But I guess what he said was funny all the same...I reckon he made a tidy sum from selling Airfix and the like 'on the sly' - doubt it was declared to the Taxman eh?! I can imagine it, going up to him and saying, 'Sir, have you got the Airfix ME 109 set?'

    'Yes, I think I have...£1.00 to you...'

    Richard1978 (I've just realised we may be the same age then if thats your birth date) - did you mean the kids were doing 'Hell - Lowwwww' impressions like the legendary Leslie Phillips?

    We did dissections in Biology, around the 1990s prior to the GCSEs, amazing they've abolished it a mere 2 to 3 years after I took my exams in 1995...but then again, GCSE's are a thing of the past now aren't they? We had a Chemistry Teacher called Mr Hughes who had a moustache and a 'bowl cut' haircut and we always used to get him really angry by doing stupid things...I recently saw him running past me the other day too...lol...

    Leave a comment:


  • nuttytigger
    replied
    By the time I got to biology in 1998 they stopped doing dissections. But we had great fun anyways. Class clown squirting the teacher with a syringe full of water from the back of the classroom was hilarious!

    Of course reproduction was hilarious. I ended up with the highest mark for that in the class test!

    Leave a comment:


  • shilton dipper
    replied
    Re: Biology lessons at school

    I remember dissecting a pig's eye............stuck the scalpel in and I was showered with some black liquid that had the most vile smell........ohhhh yuckkkk ..........the worm was just so much easier

    Leave a comment:


  • 80sChav
    replied
    Re: Biology lessons at school

    At primary school, we never had any Science Lessons. It was quite similar at Secondary too, though we had Science it was " a bit of every Sceince", so Biology or Physics etc would of all been very basic if at all! and nothing that we could easily learn too. I hated all Sceince's back then - which I guess in turn made me (as I still do believe today), not to believe in Sceince of any type/kind.

    I guess I was lucky I got away with missiing so much of it - with changing School's too, though my 2nd Form Tutor was a Sceince Teacher, but he never ever tried to push us to like it which I have an hunch many might of abd do too possibly!

    80sChav

    Leave a comment:


  • darren
    replied
    Re: Biology lessons at school

    WOW talk about learning you t all you needed to know.

    i think teachers where embarrassed to teach it.
    or else they where not allowed to.

    in fact i think it confused you more than helping you.

    Leave a comment:


  • willpurry
    replied
    Re: Biology lessons at school

    We got a video of a cartoon clockwork man chasing a clockwork woman.

    Leave a comment:


  • darren
    replied
    Re: Biology lessons at school

    Originally posted by HG View Post
    I remember the mouse skulls out of owl pellets too.

    Watching a video of a woman giving birth, and hearing a lardge bang, turning round I saw one of my class mates flat on her back with her legs straight up in the air after fainting. Fiona Oddy if you read this yes it was you!

    Dissecting kidney's and eyes. Turning the eye inside out was too much for me when all this liquid squirted out, it necessitated a quick dash to the toilets.

    Ha u can remember her name.ha.
    to be fair the biology lessons i got where not that good.
    when the teachers talked to us about it they looked more embarrassed than us pupils did.
    this is back in the mid eighties.

    they covered giving birth but not in great detail.
    i think even now its not much better.

    we learnt most things from the playground most if it was not true.
    you know what kids are like regarding that subject.

    a

    Leave a comment:


  • Star Attraction
    replied
    Re: Biology lessons at school

    Originally posted by Marine Boy View Post
    Which brings me to sex education lessons. Never has a room full of boys giggled and smirked so much as when the 'learning about puberty' lessons came around. Those dreadful old films and TV programmes; the boys that would purposely ask awkward questions of the young, inexperienced teacher. The discussion afterwards that we'd all done it and seen it and knew about it all anyway. Yeah, right.
    I remember that in the 4th year at my secondary school - autumn term 1986 we were doing reproduction in plants and animals in GCSE biology. Having done reproduction in plants in the first half of that term, it was time to move on to sexual reproduction in mammals in the second half. The biology teacher said "When I was your age we had to do reproduction in rabbits - as reproduction in humans was considered too dangerous, we only wrote at the end 'humans reproduce in a similar way'." He then said "In GCSE biology there's plenty of topics on the syllabus for us to do a practical in, but we can't do a practical in this as I'd probably have the sack". We all laughed at the humourous comments. Anyway, we had to draw diagrams of the male and female reproductive systems. I think this was everyone's favourite topic in the whole of that year.

    Leave a comment:


  • baggieman0
    replied
    Re: Biology lessons at school

    My main memory of Biology was one very hot day the drains in the lab sink in front of me were making a very loud gurgling sound with intermitant pops after half an hour of this there was one very loud gurgle followed by an even louder bang and next thing I know me and a couple of mates are covered in smelly, black school drain discharge! Wouldn't have minded but I got in trouble for my exercise book being covered in gunk as well. Went back to the school two years after I'd left (three years after the "event") and the ceiling was still stained.

    On the subject of disecting bull's eyes did everyone else have to use the world's bluntest scapels?

    Leave a comment:

Working...
X