Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Was your School strict

my secondary school let anything go.

well in my case they did not as i was physically and verbally abused and when i told the teachers they did nothing to help.
    they said what can we do.

It was the same for others.
    the bullies really ran the school.
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Re: Was your School strict

My prep and secondary schools were strict. But by the time of my gcses it got ridiculous - the new Deputy Head was way over the top, I was badly behaved at times but there were plenty of unruly kids or bullies - once when my Dad was called in about me he saw a kid stick two fingers up behind my Deputy Heads back when he'd shouted at one of them, Dad mentioned it to him when he accused my Dad of not disciplining me at home! The guy went ballistic which angered my Father even more and proved beyond a shadow of a doubt that the Deputy Head could make anyones blood boil - up until then my Dad never believed me...

Comment

The Worst Rules you had

At school you had to content with! Which annoyed you the most and which were bad ones but good, do you think?

80sChav

Comment

Re: The Worst Rules you had

Not being inside on cold days....ridiculous.

Comment

Not being allowed out if it was raining, but snow was fair game!

Comment

i can remember not being allowed to open the windows on real hot days.
              we where all baking alive.

Comment

It used to be the opposite at my school, when we had to have the windows open on really cold days.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

that is odd rich.
                  both mine and yours are very odd.
                  should be the other way round

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
                  It used to be the opposite at my school, when we had to have the windows open on really cold days.

Comment

Re: School Rules

I remember in my last year at primary school my teacher for the last 2 terms had a few strange rules, possibly because she normally taught younger children.

One odd one was that we wern't allowed to use any of the gym equipment because we were "too big for it". Instead we had to play games without being told the rules fully explained.

Comment

Did anyone else have the rule you could not take your Jumper off in Secondary School unless it got to be about 75/80 Degrees - same with Blazers at my first Secondary as well, though that was'nt quite as bad as you did'nt have to wear a Jumper as such. At my 2nd Secondary the Jumper acted as a Blazer. This often happend around June time in my School - why June though I don't know Lol.

Comment

I remember being chased round my first secondary school in oxfordshire by the deputy headmistress mrs neville-rolph because i had walked on the grass!.............she was nic named 'naggerbags'.........she wore tweed skirts and twin sets and had stark blue eyes that when she was staring at you , you really thought could burn holes in you........jeez that was one scarey lady

Comment

One of the math teachers at our middle school, Mr Harris, used to punish infractions such as tardiness by sentencing the offender to picking up trash in the quad area outside. In fact one of his favorite expressions was, "Did you say trash box?" A reference to the cardboard box the unfortunate slacker was supplied with in order to carry out his "Keep America Beautiful" duties in the quad. Despite that, Mr Harris was actually one of the cool teachers at the school and we all liked him.

Comment

At my primary school, if you brought a packed lunch, you had to eat it in a set order: sandwiches, then crisps/fruit/whatever else, then any drinks. You weren't allowed a drink (other than water) unless you had eaten lunch first. I think all of this was ridiculous, and believe schools should not dictate what children eat (obesity crisis or not)

Secondary school, skirts had to be longer than your fingertips when your arms were by your side, and no shorts allowed underneath - some of the girls would wear them to prevent thighs chafing or accidental knicker-flashing, but the school decided that any shorts that could be worn under the skirt would be too short/tight/provocative. Sixth form didn't wear uniform so girls were allowed shorter skirts, but they still had to be a "sensible" length i.e. no knickers showing, and overweight girls would be told by the head of form that it wasn't "appropriate" for them to wear skirts above the knee. Pretty much all the girls in the year denounced this as sexist and made a complaint to the headmaster, but we were ignored. I hope that schools wouldn't get away with it these days.

My secondary school also seemed to be paranoid about kids going to the loo together. There was a rule that girls couldn't go in groups of more than two to keep them from preening in front of the mirror all day, and I remember some Year 8 boys getting into huge trouble when a teacher found them in a cubicle together. They said they'd done it because they were scared of bullies in the toilet; and there was no evidence of them getting up to anything other than having a wee. I thought that was quite sad. In general the school was quite harsh on bullied kids, who would get told off if caught hiding in the toilets or library, and sent out to "mix"

Comment

I remember coulottes being banned at my secondary school, which made some girls & parents complain because they had already bought some for the new school year.

One of my friends from school reckoned that girls were banned from wearing trousers at one time, but I don't ever remember it.

Comment

Re: Strange School Rules

Originally posted by Llamarama View Post
                                We had this little "planner" diary thing. Every week we had to get our mam or dad or anyone else we could pass off as a relative of some kind to sign it, or we'd be sent to "Isolation" (Where all the delinquent children would go and do no work whilst sucking all the life and enthusiasm out of the poor student teacher they always posted there.) where we got no breaks, no lunch and if we had to go the toilet the teacher had to follow us in. Me and my friends used to swap planners with each other and sign it with some psuedonym or other.

For some reason only known to the school Boys hair could only be between 1 and 3 inches long, and girls no shorter than 10. Perverse system that was checked at least once a week...

We were allowed to the local village for our dinners in year 10 and 11, but we had to eat in view of a member of staff.
                                This sounds like Prison here Llamarama mate!

we had Planners too but not such an effect as described here by you

as well we had Merit Slips given for good work, though it was irrelevent par my Geography Teacher (who gave them out like Confetti) how great/top-notch A1 youre work was or even if you finished top in a test 4 works on the trot!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                                X