School crushes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: School crushes

Although I've mentioned some teachers I had a crush on in my previous posts, a couple of girls I had a crush on in comprehensive:-

Michelle Williams from Pontygwaith. She really was my number one crush. I really wish I had asked her out..... I bumped into her a couple of times after we had left school. Unfortunately, time had moved on and she was with somebody. I seen her a couple of years ago, but did not realise it was her until later, by that time she had disappeared into the crowd.

Mamta Naryan from Porth. I used to wait for her after school, then walk so far home with her. Seen her once after I left school.

Hayley Llewellyn from Trealaw. For some unknown reason I had a crush on her. Don't know why, has I never really bothered with her.

Time has long, long since moved on. Occasionally, just occasionally, I often wonder what if......
    Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Marc, I know what you mean about those "ifs." I wish I had had more confidence at school and asked one or other of them out. Only no-one among the boys in my class seemed to have enough confidence to ask girls for a date, so my only consolation is that it wasn't just me.

I did see and hear of the brunette a few times in the decade or so after leaving school, but never in a situation where I could engage her in conversation. But the blonde, no, never saw her again...hope she has had a good life--she was so nice.

Comment

Staffslad, my school days were certainly not the best time of my life. The comprehensive was shear hell. I lost a lot of my confidence during that time. If the school was a better place, things may have been different. I had no confidence in myself to ask Michelle out. I've often wondered why I didn't. I would talk to her a lot in school. Sadly, by the time the final days of school came, most were not turning up. Michelle, like myself, was not keen on that school. If we were there on the last day......I now wonder......if......
        Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

I know of what you are speaking, Marc. My confidence seemed to evaporate when I tried to think of some way to see them outside school. Neither lived in the same direction as I did, so no way of walking to and from school with them, and I think there was also a fear of rejection that further hindered me. Now, I can think of a few ways I could have seen One or other outside schooltime, but back then even asking if one or other wanted to see the new James Bond film or whatever seemed like as difficult as running a marathon.

Comment

I'm afraid all my crushes went un-rescinded...
            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Working...
            X