Re: "neck-backs" and "spam"

Just like where Benny Hill slaps the head of the little bald guy lol

Leave a comment:

• 80sChav
    replied

Originally posted by n3llyo View Post
    a teenage memory
    running around the school playground at break slapping kids across the back of the neck shouting "neck -backs!! " or smacking their foreheads with the war cry "SPAM! "
    does anyone else have any memory of this or was it just a thing that happend in my school because a few people ive mentioned it to just greet me with vacant bewildered stares
    This sounds like Tag (or what we calkled) I guess it may have regional names may-be

Either way I never got it "you could only be on when you was on" was it's main rule I recall

80sChav

Leave a comment:

• Richard1978
    replied

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
    May-be Mulletino - but she'd of been welcome to wreck my Tie with Scissors, like she did to Vince lol

80sChav
    IIRC Imelda's gang was called the Terrorhawks.

Leave a comment:

• 80sChav
    replied

Originally posted by Mulletino View Post
    For some reason Imelda use to remind me of Zelda from Terrahawks, not sure if it was the name or the matching hair:

May-be Mulletino - but she'd of been welcome to wreck my Tie with Scissors, like she did to Vince lol

80sChav

Leave a comment:

• Mulletino
    replied

For some reason Imelda use to remind me of Zelda from Terrahawks, not sure if it was the name or the matching hair:

Leave a comment:

• 80sChav
    replied

Originally posted by darren View Post
    Oh yes i remember that it was used for writing all sorts of things on not very nice things sometimes.

Fun times tho.
    Just like Imelda on Grange Hill huh Darren mate!? What a wicked witch she was - but man I'd have given anything to date her if she was at my School in real-life mate!

80sChav

Leave a comment:

• Mulletino
    replied

For some reason, myself and my brother and a few friends decided SPAM wasn't enough for the forehead, so we'd shout MAPS when hitting the back of the head and AMPS when hitting the side.

Leave a comment:

• darren
    replied

Oh yes i remember that it was used for writing all sorts of things on not very nice things sometimes.

Fun times tho.

Originally posted by 80schav View Post
    using those sticky labels we used to do this too and write spam on them and then stick them on people's forehead as a joke!!

Fun times indeed!!

80schav

Leave a comment:

• 80sChav
    replied

Using those Sticky Labels we used to do this too and write Spam on them and then stick them on people's forehead as a joke!!

Fun times indeed!!

80sChav

Leave a comment:

• 80sChav
    replied

Originally posted by n3llyo View Post
    a teenage memory
    running around the school playground at break slapping kids across the back of the neck shouting "neck -backs!! " or smacking their foreheads with the war cry "SPAM! "
    does anyone else have any memory of this or was it just a thing that happend in my school because a few people ive mentioned it to just greet me with vacant bewildered stares
    I have heard about this at other Secondary Schools as opposed to the ones I went to

Though I am unsure if we did this - but no doubt "back in the day" it would have been a fun harmless jovial wind-up yeah!

80sChav

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

We had neckback at school, we also used to slap someone on the neckback and when their head moved forward you would then slap their forehead and shout "neckback forehead!
    Bald men in wheelchairs always got "Mr Bond put me down Mr Booooooooooooooond! shouted at them if youve seen the begining of your your eyes only you'll understand why.

Did anyone else notice at school the kids who were a bit not right in the head always used to arrive to school in a black Taxi and always had a crowd of kids shouting "spacka in the cab! at them.

Leave a comment:

• vanhelsing
    replied

Yeah, I remember 'Slaphead' and it's still going round. In fact my year were called into the hall during dinner break by the head master. He had to leave the room and one of the kids stood up and made the slaphead sign behind his back. Then there was the Mister Sheen joke and the squeek of a window being polished **** take.

Leave a comment:

• Trickyvee
    replied

Smacking foreheads was around, but usually accompanied by the cry Slaphead or Tefal if you were amply blessed in the forehead department.

Leave a comment:

• n3llyo
    started a topic "neck-backs" and "spam"

"neck-backs" and "spam"

a teenage memory
Working...
X