No announcement yet.

First computer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its weird how things can drop in price videos, computers, VD players etc, just hope the PS3 come cheap really quick.......graphics look amazing.

Comment

Re: First computer

The first computer we had was an Acorn electron. that my parents bought for us three brothers to..... Ahem.... "help with our homework"

I bloody loved that machine. there weren't that many games for it, but I did wear out my elite tape twice with amount of timesI played that game.

The first console I had was a vectrex. (remember those?) I still had it until around three years ago when unfortunately, I discovered i was skint and I sold it for stupidly large amounts of money along with all of the games. I do miss playing it, but sometimes, you've got to let go of parts of your childhood (especially for huge wodges of folding money).
      Last edited by nottrikk; 16-02-2007, 13:20.

Comment

my first comy was an aquaris 4k ithought it was so cool the games were on a catrige that you pluged in the back burger time was about the best game
        want that one

Comment

I still love Burger Time

Comment

I liked the Chucky Egg games on the Speccy

Comment

Mine was a Spectrum48 followed by the 128 they both took ages to load, and more often than not,crashed when you had to turn the tape over!! After lots of volume adjusting it sometimes got there
              My hubbys tried to teach me the joy's of his PS2 games, what's happened to a good old fashioned joystick, with something to grab onto,these fiddly little things are not for me!!
              Last edited by Heather74; 17-04-2007, 20:35.
              Heather

Comment

We had one of those pong games where the controller was just a knob that you twisted to move up and down. Don't remember much else about it. The first console I remember playing a lot was the Atari 2600 - it was so huge it was like a piece of furniture lol! Then we graduated to the ZX81, then the 48K Spectrum, and then the C64/128.
                "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

god first computer we had was a zx81 and had to get a 16kb (16kb god thats enough to produce 1 letter on a document these days) memory pack to run any games on it, from there we went to the comodore 16, bbc model b, acorn electron, commodore amiga 600, then up to a pc

Comment

My Computers/Consoles in order of owning (memory permitting):

Pong variant > Atari VCS > Spectrum48K > Commodore 128 > Sega Master System > Amiga 500 > IBM 386sx25 > Sega Mega Drive > Amiga 1200 > Sony PlayStation > PC Pentium II 233 > N64 > PC Athlon 500 > Sony PlayStation 2 > Laptop Celeron 1.3Ghz > Nintendo Gamecube > Microsoft Xbox > Sony PSP > Sony Playstation 3.

I went through a mini "retro phase" and bought (then got rid of):

Amstrad CPC464 / Commodore 64 / Commodore 128D / Amiga CD32 / Another Amiga 1200 / Atari 800.

Comment

Originally posted by nottrikk View Post

The first console I had was a vectrex. (remember those?) I still had it until around three years ago when unfortunately, I discovered i was skint and I sold it for stupidly large amounts of money along with all of the games. I do miss playing it, but sometimes, you've got to let go of parts of your childhood (especially for huge wodges of folding money).
                      Wa-hey, my first console was a vectrex as well. I had games like Spike and Scramble and thought it was the business. Wish I'd kept mine too, seeing as you got loads of cash for it. Can't remember what happened to mine. My mam must've binned it (gutted).

After that I got a ZX Spectrum 48K, the one with the plastic keys, not the rubber ones. I've still got this and a load of the games. The only thing I don't have is the power pack for it.

Comment

Commodore 16 was my first
                        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

My first computer expirence was with our first family computer which was the Amstrad cpc 464 with colour monitor,me and my brothers thought it was out of this world.
                          If only we knew what the future had in store for us......
                          I just used to play the games on it but my elder brother used to type out for hours,just to have a few different coloured shapes dance around the screen...How lame thinking about it now......
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic

Comment

Was the Vectrex as good as it looks?

Comment

I'm a bit of an old git so the ZX81 was my first computer. When that was finally relegated to door-stop status, my bruv and me were told that we could have a new one for christmas. Did we choose the specky or C64? No - that would have been too easy! We ended up with a commodore 16. less memory, games or shelf life than the C64 - and I think it was more money! The bext thing about it was XZAP - the game you got with it. We had to pretend to like it for ages cos it had cost the old man a fortune.

God we were bloody stupid!
                              Having a memory's one of the best - and worst - bits of being human!

Comment

Originally posted by Daz View Post
                                Was the Vectrex as good as it looks?
                                Never having owned a Vectrex I sold off some other games and bought myself one a few years back. It's fantastic! Sure the games are fairly simplistic but the glowing vectors as opposed to pixels make all the difference.

Comment

Working...
                                X