No announcement yet.

Tower blocks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an Ace Of Wands DVD set and I see that is on it so I might pop it in and refresh my memory. There was a Tomorrow People where the new kid (Mike who was in that Flintlock group) lives in a newer building but not quite a tower. I remember the 'Till Death Us Do Part movie had their row being bulldozed with Alf Garnet the last holdout while the rest had gone on to a tower. Also The Likely Lads movie where they go to their old pub from the tv series just before it's closed and knocked down.

I've been on the little balconies of some very tall buildings, even once when the wind made it sway. Seagulls passing below height! But I suppose the highest I've been is probably the Seattle Space Needle. Terrified of flying and high bridges, but great with something solid under me or on boats.
    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
      I have an Ace Of Wands DVD set and I see that is on it so I might pop it in and refresh my memory. There was a Tomorrow People where the new kid (Mike who was in that Flintlock group) lives in a newer building but not quite a tower. I remember the 'Till Death Us Do Part movie had their row being bulldozed with Alf Garnet the last holdout while the rest had gone on to a tower. Also The Likely Lads movie where they go to their old pub from the tv series just before it's closed and knocked down.

I've been on the little balconies of some very tall buildings, even once when the wind made it sway. Seagulls passing below height! But I suppose the highest I've been is probably the Seattle Space Needle. Terrified of flying and high bridges, but great with something solid under me or on boats.
      The Ace of Wands DVD set you mention has been on my wish list for quite a while, I'm not an impulse buyer but I think in this case it's high time to make a move. Pity so many of the episodes have been lost! I remember (vaguely) seeing the Alf Garnett film at the cinema with my parents. There was a scene when Alf mistakenly takes LSD I think. I can't remember if the consequences were side splitting or not, might well be another DVD for the wish list.

Comment

Originally posted by W1 Rover View Post
        There was a scene when Alf mistakenly takes LSD I think. I can't remember if the consequences were side splitting or not, might well be another DVD for the wish list.
        I have it on one of those free DVDs that came with newspapers. There was a hallucination scene where he's at Buckingham Palace being complimented by royals (you only see their hands/gloves and a corgi) maybe that was some kind of spiking or thought he'd been dosed.

The free with newspaper DVD series had The Likely Lads movie, the Steptoe And Son movie, 'Till Death Us Do Part movie, one of the Are You Being Served vacation movies and one of those old B&W St. Trinian's features. Often these are on ebay for under a pound.
        My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

I am looking for somewhere that doesn't have a communal entrance and has an entrance directly from outside and not via corridors and steps - two reasons why I am looking for a new place is because: A) it would be easy to escape if there was a fire; and: B) more privacy and less harassment from neighbours. I am expecting a housing application form booklet in the post this week in order to get the ball rolling, fingers crossed. If I was offered a tower block, even if it was on the 15th floor, I would turn it down flat (no pun intended).
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
          X