Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Radio

back in about 87 i used to really enjoy radio 1 , with steve wright , gary,s bit in the middle , dlt , and our tune , but then it became rubbish and so i prefer radio 2 now but inly in the morning with sarah kennedy , ect

Comment

I've just bought a great DAB radio, great stuff!! miles better than the normal Radio. My Favotite stations are 5Live Music and Chill

Comment

Used to listen to Radio Luxembourg on my grandad's car radio, the reception fading in and out and always worse in the evenings.

Listened to Radio 1 in the mid 80s at work (before the managers banned radios from the factory). Steve Wright in the afternoon was my favourite, I used to crack up when one of his silly characters The Pub Singer started his drunken crooning lol!
        The whole place used to go dead quiet when Simon Bates Our Tune came on in the mornings.

Comment

Mum had a valve radio in the kitchen which I used to have to tune back in to radio 2 if I managed to listen to the hairy cornflake (DLT) or mike read on 1 in the morning.
          If we were at home it was Terry Wogan, Pete Murray and Jimmy Young with Waggoners Walk, Listen with Mother, Womans hour and The Archers in between.
          Later though she discovered Robbie Vincents phone in show on Radio London.
          I liked our tune and the golden hour but hated Steve Wright. We smuggled tiny transistor radio's in to listen to the lunchtime chart show but registration always started just at the wrong time so even though we heard the announcement we could never hear the song.
          One mans trash is another mans treasure !

Comment

Waggoner's Walk - now there's a memory. Now I also can't get Jimmy Young's Raymondo and 'what's the recipie today Jim?' out of my head.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post
              Waggoner's Walk - now there's a memory. Now I also can't get Jimmy Young's Raymondo and 'what's the recipie today Jim?' out of my head.
              What was the silly voice/character on Blackburns kids show?

Comment

Arnold the Dog?
                Gerald the Pixie?

Comment

Originally posted by Sixtyten View Post
                  Arnold the Dog?
                  Gerald the Pixie?
                  Hmm thinking cap on...now where was that site?

Comment

What site??

Comment

Originally posted by Sixtyten View Post
                      What site??
                      The one I was finding all my Radio ! stuff on...

Originally posted by suzannewozere2 View Post
                      The one I was finding all my Radio ! stuff on...
                      I've found the site but not the clip. It was from junior choice and doesn't sound like Arnold.
                      Last edited by Heather74; 22-12-2008, 20:03.

Comment

Was it Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart's 'Allo darlin' clip rather than Tony Blackburn?

I can only think of Arnold the dog from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Wil View Post
                          Was it Ed 'Stewpot' Stewart's 'Allo darlin' clip rather than Tony Blackburn?

I can only think of Arnold the dog from him.
                          I listened to them both..all I remember is it was very annoying.

Comment

I used to enjoy Adrian Juste’s Radio 1 comedy clip show which was broadcast on a Saturday lunchtime in the early 1980s.

Comment

Junior Choice has been mentioned and I certainly have very fond memories of that programme. It was great to hear Ed Stewart recreating the show last Christmas.

In the seventies, my friend and I had great fun trying to pick up local radio stations that weren't exactly 'local' to us. We were always terribly excited if we heard something from many miles away!

Our nearest local station at that time was Radio 210 in Reading, although even that was a good forty minutes away by car. And we did actually visit on one occasion when my friend's mother delivered a birthday cake to Gavin McCoy, one of the presenters!

Comment

Dis anyone else used to tune in to the police radio? There'd be a series of beeps and then some talking, just like Starsky and Hutch in your own bedroom
                                The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Working...
                                X