School Reunions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School Reunions

Has anybody ever attended one? Did you enjoy it?

I've been invited to one in June and can't make my mind up whether to go, on one hand it does appeal to me but on the other I think I should leave it in the past and in memories
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Re: School Reunions

Never been to one, dont think ones ever been organised. Not sure I'd go either?? maybe if I was slim and pretty with a great job!

Sadly not everyone gets to stick two fingers up at the idiots who made their life hell.
    Yeah look at me!!! I really showed them. NOT
    Heather

Comment

I've never been to a school reunion but I don't think I'd go either. I never had big trouble from anyone at school and I've ended up more successful than most, but for me my school days belong in the past and I prefer to keep my memories there.
      1976 Vintage

Comment

Yeah it's pretty much the way I'm thinking, looking at the people that are going so far there's not many I was friends with at school and have no real desire to meet again, a couple who i would like to stick 2 fingers up to though
        The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

The people from school I would chose to spend time with are the ones I still do,the rest are of no interest. Believe me,I've seen the pics from reunions I was invited to. It didnt look like fun to me. Not only that,I have a terrible memory and a fondness for beer so Im bound to make a fool of myself.

Frame.
          "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Listen you lot - "I didn't like them in 1981 - so I don't think i am going to like them any better now! Nuff said.

Comment

Id go if i here you.
              i have one ill go to later in the year.
              its a school reunion at my local primary school.
              thing is if you do not like the people there you do not haveto see them again.

whats a few hrs herr.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                Never been to one, dont think ones ever been organised. Not sure I'd go either?? maybe if I was slim and pretty with a great job!

Sadly not everyone gets to stick two fingers up at the idiots who made their life hell.
                Yeah look at me!!! I really showed them. NOT
                but u are slim and pretty H.
                so i have been told.

tellimg me you are not pretty and slim will shatter me into millions of pieces and make me cry
                the one im going to is advertised in the paper each year around september.
                its open to anyone who attended that primary school.

Comment

I assure you, it would not be as you say "A few hers herr!"

Also Heather is doing a fab memories site, and that needs loads of Grey Matter, so school bullies "EAT THAT!"

Comment

I went to one when I was 25. It was like going to the job centre on giro day. Avoid, unless you want to point and laugh at the people you once looked up to being cool now having dead end jobs that they hate.

It was a real eye opener for me, especially seeing the really smart girl I used to sit next to life seemingly implode. I went to high school with her as well and she was a straight A student, seems that intellect wont get you everywhere, and having smarts and the personality to charm people is definitely the way to go when it comes to having an arsenal under your belt. Being a 1 trick pony for life will see you getting whipped by everyone and their dog once they have figured you out.

Comment

it goes to show being smart does not guarantee a real good job.
                      y can be smart but not a nixe person.

for me its more important to be a nice person and not that smart than be real smart and not a nice person.

although a few at school where real bad to me.
                      physically abusive i mean.
                      but id show up to show im o longer afraid of them.

Comment

If you look back, the "CHOSEN ONES" were all " YES PEOPLE?" ?

Comment

although a few at school where real bad to me.
                          physically abusive i mean.
                          but id show up to show im o longer afraid of them

"BASH EM IN?"

Comment

Originally posted by FLYING SAUCER View Post
                            If you look back, the "CHOSEN ONES" were all " YES PEOPLE?" ?
                            Not really. The chosen ones ended up in a successful band and toured the world, despite being pretty dumb.

Comment

I've never been invited to one, so I assume my year haven't ever had one.
                              I wouldn't be able to go to one now as I have agorophobia, but that aside, I don't think it would be for me anyway.
                              I would feel a bit awkward, I think, with people I hadn't seen for over 30 years.
                              sigpic
                              'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Working...
                              X