Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I don't mind Skin-tight T-Shirts Footballers wear...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't mind Skin-tight T-Shirts Footballers wear...

Imagine if they'd worn Long Sleeved ones in the 80s/90s as they do now!?I can't imagine what Yesteryear's Footballers think of Today's now ... covering their arms up in full now (as if they were touring the Arctic!)

What do other members think?

Re: I don't mind Skin-tight T-Shirts Footballers wear ... but

Looking at some old footage tightish long sleeved shirts seemed popular in the mid 1970s.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Originally posted by Richard1978 View Post
      Looking at some old footage tightish long sleeved shirts seemed popular in the mid 1970s.
      Hmm, but not the style they are now I don't think though Richard!

Comment

My dad played football in the 60's to 90's and I remember him wearing long sleeve tops in the 70's and 80's.
        Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

I remember plenty of players wearing long sleeves in the past. Are you sure you didn't mean gloves? You see a lot of players wearing them now, but not years ago.

Comment

I have been watching football since I was a young child in the 60s and footballers have always worn long sleeves.
            Here is a pic of my 70s Arsenal hero Charlie George taken at that time in his kit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	charlie george.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	29.8 KB
ID:	259956

I do agree with Chris, you see players wearing gloves now and they didn't used to.
            As for snoods....!

sigpic
            'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
              I have been watching football since I was a young child in the 60s and footballers have always worn long sleeves.
              Here is a pic of my 70s Arsenal hero Charlie George taken at that time in his kit.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3172[/ATTACH]

I do agree with Chris, you see players wearing gloves now and they didn't used to.
              As for snoods....!

True I know what you mean about gloves etc Kazboot, but the picture you've posted is a Football Shirt 1

I meant/was thinking more like Skin-tight T-Shirts underneath etc sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                True I know what you mean about gloves etc Kazboot, but the picture you've posted is a Football Shirt 1

I meant/was thinking more like Skin-tight T-Shirts underneath etc sorry.
                Oh I see what you mean, sorry.
                I just think that, especially with the influx of foreign players over the years, players have become a bit too precious and woosy.
                Gloves, snoods and undershirts! I should cocoa

Beautiful British players in the 70s wouldn't have been seen dead wearing warm clothing in the Winter
                sigpic
                'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

When you come from somewhere that has 100*F weather and then you start playing in sub 40*F with all sorts of harsh weather you're not used to you're bound to feel the cold. That people indigenous to the British Isles choose to wear more clothes to block out the cold is just unmanly. You'll never get hairs on your chest if you rely on a vest. I used to play rugby in just the standard shirt and shorts. It didn't matter if it was wind, rain, ice or snow. When you are running about you don't feel it.

Comment

I agree 100% here with you Kazboot. I think (par when the Footy Shirt is Long Sleeved and the Skin-Tight is Long Sleeved) and worn together it's an insult to the Team's Shirt sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris68 View Post
                      I remember plenty of players wearing long sleeves in the past. Are you sure you didn't mean gloves? You see a lot of players wearing them now, but not years ago.
                      generally the winters in the uk are not hat bad and yet players where gloves.

Sure in russia some players where gloves but they play in temperatures of minus 30 and below.

anyway ager a few minutes players will warm up they do not need gloves etc to keep warm.
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                        generally the winters in the uk are not hat bad and yet players where gloves.

Sure in russia some players where gloves but they play in temperatures of minus 30 and below.

anyway ager a few minutes players will warm up they do not need gloves etc to keep warm.
                        So do you think it's not respecting the Team's Shirt either too Darren?

Comment

Originally posted by 80sChav View Post
                          So do you think it's not respecting the Team's Shirt either too Darren?
                          Good question but id say it only disrespects the teams shirt if they wear gloves all through the game and its not weally that cold.
                          But say its minus 30 or woorse then i dont think it does disrespects the shirt.

Sometimes i think players wear gloves for the sake of it hear in the uk.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                            Good question but id say it only disrespects the teams shirt if they wear gloves all through the game and its not weally that cold.
                            But say its minus 30 or woorse then i dont think it does disrespects the shirt.

Sometimes i think players wear gloves for the sake of it hear in the uk.
                            I think that a Long Sleeved Footy shirt with a Long Sleeved Skin-tight T-Shirt under it is fine, Darren as is a Short Sleeved Shirt with a Short Sleeved Skin-tight under or or even a Long Sleeved Shirt and Short Sleeved Skin-tight under .... even gloves look ok, just I detest Long Sleeved Skin-tights under Short Sleeved Footy Shirts!

My argument is (like i've tried to argue/reason about on some Football Forums) with moderate sucess is, if the players can not get warm without this being warranted (or brought into the matter rather), you may as well give up playing or not be in the game! Any training will warm you up for the game - even just a few circuit laps, I think regardless of if you have cold blood etc. Though I agree in terms of from minus 1 temeperatures downwards more layers are needed possibly!

Comment

yes mate i really do not like Long Sleeved Skin-tights under Short Sleeved Footy Shirts!
                              Also im not mad about players weraing trekkie bottoms.
                              I think i have seen goalies wearthem.
                              Or is this my imagination.

But yes after a few minutes running around you should be well warmed up.
                              But the hands seem to stay cold as they are extremities.

Main thing is is that your core is warmed up.

Comment

Working...
                              X